• Jun 25th, 2018 1:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA

Recommendations on a Vitamix blender

I'm looking for a deal on a blender and I heard Vitamix is the most popular brand. Any suggestions on which model to choose from?

I'm also wondering what makes it so popular and would cheaper brands work as well? (will be doing carrots, frozen fruits, nuts, etc)
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, Coinbase, Shakepay, Paytm, STACK
17 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3071 posts
1044 upvotes
Costco or black Friday or Christmas

It’s more reliable, won’t get stuck, blend smoother, won’t break etc.
At least that’s what’s been said

I don’t make smoothies or use a blender a whole lot so a cheap one works for me. The reason why is I don’t blend a lot of hard things like nuts/seeds etc.

And I rarely use a blender. I’d probably get a vitamin if I used the blender more than 4 times a week
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
488 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 8:25 pm
QUICK! This deal is ending very soon!! (midnight pst) ➡ https://www.vitamix.com/ca/en_us/Shop/C ... PON=06-236
@yoshim This is the best price I have ever seen for this, and if you’re ready to buy I would jump on it. I bought this model on sale for $350 and it’s worth every penny.

The reconditioned models come with new containers, lids, and tampers, freshly sharpened blades, a fully inspected base, and a 5 year warranty. They’re virtually indistinguishable from a new machine. Also, if you buy from Vitamix you can split the cost into up to 5 payments with no interest (and google for free Vitamix shipping codes, there’s a ton of affiliate bloggers out there).

This standard (C series) model has all the power and functionality of the newer models, just without all the fancy bells and whistles (which are totally unnecessary IMO). The only possible (minor) negative I found is that the container sometimes felt a bit large for small batch things like smoothies (but is great for large batch recipes like soup), so I eventually bought an additional smaller container (32oz wet container) for convenience and flexibility , but you can absolutely use the 64oz container for everything (I did for quite a while before buying the 2nd container).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA
jerrysiz wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 10:34 pm
@yoshim This is the best price I have ever seen for this, and if you’re ready to buy I would jump on it. I bought this model on sale for $350 and it’s worth every penny.

The reconditioned models come with new containers, lids, and tampers, freshly sharpened blades, a fully inspected base, and a 5 year warranty. They’re virtually indistinguishable from a new machine. Also, if you buy from Vitamix you can split the cost into up to 5 payments with no interest (and google for free Vitamix shipping codes, there’s a ton of affiliate bloggers out there).

This standard (C series) model has all the power and functionality of the newer models, just without all the fancy bells and whistles (which are totally unnecessary IMO). The only possible (minor) negative I found is that the container sometimes felt a bit large for small batch things like smoothies (but is great for large batch recipes like soup), so I eventually bought an additional smaller container (32oz wet container) for convenience and flexibility , but you can absolutely use the 64oz container for everything (I did for quite a while before buying the 2nd container).
Thanks, just bought. I didn't know it comes with new containers, I thought they would be refurbished Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Does the filtration bag work for filtering out pulp to make juice? Say for example carrot juice?
Tangerine, FreedomMobile, GreatCanadianRebates, Ebates, Coinbase, Shakepay, Paytm, STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
488 upvotes
yoshim wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 10:41 pm
Thanks, just bought. I didn't know it comes with new containers, I thought they would be refurbished Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Does the filtration bag work for filtering out pulp to make juice? Say for example carrot juice?
Everything is brand new except the base and blade, reconditioned vitamixes are the best deal going (especially at this price).

I’m not sure about the filtration bag, as I don’t make nut milk. I’m sure those bags are probably available cheaper elsewhere though. I’ve never tried to make carrot juice in the Vitamix, so I’m not sure how that would work (with nut milk you use nuts soaked in water, so I’m not sure it would translate well to carrots), but I have used carrots as one of the ingredients in my smoothies and it pulverizes them completely (just like everything else you throw at it). Vitamix isn’t as much a juicer as a whole food juicer. After all, why strain out the pulp when you can just pulverize it into your drink and get the benefits of the fibre?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA
I have another question. If we don't wash right after using, would the fruits/ingredients stain the product? My last juicer, the blade mechanic rusted because I didn't wash right away.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12766 posts
9144 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yoshim wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 11:30 pm
I have another question. If we don't wash right after using, would the fruits/ingredients stain the product? My last juicer, the blade mechanic rusted because I didn't wash right away.
My wife uses hers daily in the morning and doesn't get washed till the evening, no issues so far.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA
EP32k2 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 11:54 pm
My wife uses hers daily in the morning and doesn't get washed till the evening, no issues so far.
Thanks! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3228 posts
488 upvotes
yoshim wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 11:30 pm
I usually wash right away (since it’s so easy just to turn it on with some water and a few drops of soap for 30 seconds), but I don’t think it would be a problem. In all the years I’ve used mine, the only thing that has ever stained my container was pureeing a hot soup that had a lot of turmeric in it (I should have known better, that stuff is notorious).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA
Where are you guys getting your recipes? Are the books on Amazon worth buying?
Apr 4, 2012
522 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
7-8 years of almost daily use, lots of greens so there are some green stains on the blades and plastic. But it's nothing significant.
Images
  • 20180622_115904.jpg
Aug 12, 2012
801 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've had mine for close to 10 years now and it's still going strong. I use it pretty frequently for smoothies, humus, and homemade hot sauce.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
6867 posts
4011 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Vitamin is so popular because they are better than other blenders and they last for ages. I use mine for smoothies almost daily. It is a very powerful blender. By far the best one I've ever had.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
4627 posts
130 upvotes
Markham/GTA
That's awesome. Really looking forward to receiving mine and finally making my own juice/smoothies. Hope it ships soon!