Home & Garden

Recommended garage door installers - west GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 5:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
111 upvotes
Burlington

Recommended garage door installers - west GTA?

My builders-grade wood garage doors have seen better days - the ravages of time have taken their toll!

They're overdue for replacement and I'm hoping fellow RFD-ers out here in the wilds of Halton Region can recommend particular door installers... other than Home Depot and Costco. I know I can buzz through Kijiji and contact a few, but that doesn't give me much comfort on the quality of their work.

I'm looking for 2 8x7 doors, insulated, no windows... pretty basic stuff.

Thanks in advance! :D
13 replies
Nov 8, 2005
744 posts
124 upvotes
Ryder Nation
Really happy with the quality of the Garaga door I put in last summer. Installer wasn't the greatest (Garage Door Depot.) Hope that helps a bit.
Pentium II @ 233MHZ overclocked to 488MHZ | TURBO Button Enabled | 128mb RAM |MAXTOR 1024MB HDD | Nvidia Riva 128 (4MB of SGRAM)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2404 posts
357 upvotes
North York
B & M garage door in Mississauga, on the Oakville boarder did good work for my folks a few years ago - don't know if they go that far west, but worth a call imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2015
1151 posts
645 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Engi-Nir wrote: Maple garage doors
X2!! But, I don't think they will service the Burlington area.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
111 upvotes
Burlington
Gunz16 wrote: Really happy with the quality of the Garaga door I put in last summer. Installer wasn't the greatest (Garage Door Depot.) Hope that helps a bit.
Engi-Nir wrote: Maple garage doors
cliff wrote: B & M garage door in Mississauga, on the Oakville boarder did good work for my folks a few years ago - don't know if they go that far west, but worth a call imo.
Bianco13 wrote: X2!! But, I don't think they will service the Burlington area.
Thanks for the suggestions... I'll check them out!

Keep 'em coming! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
111 upvotes
Burlington
iEyeCaptain wrote: Costco?
Hmm... if there were significant savings and decent quality, that would be the first reason ever for me to pony up the membership $$$! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Something to ponder... thanks!
May 6, 2009
5 posts
1 upvote
J & S Garage Doors - Decent job & reasonable price. Installed Garaga door a few months back, including the aluminum capping for the door frame.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1843 posts
1355 upvotes
GTA West
cliff wrote: B & M garage door in Mississauga, on the Oakville boarder did good work for my folks a few years ago - don't know if they go that far west, but worth a call imo.
I had B&M do my door in Burlington and I'm happy. I needed a carpenter to reframe my door and raise it an inch or so to a standard size and they were able to do it.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1843 posts
1355 upvotes
GTA West
iEyeCaptain wrote: Costco?
They work with Amar dealers and I didn't like their doors or the local dealer they sent out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1097 posts
111 upvotes
Burlington
Dealmaker1945 wrote: I had B&M do my door in Burlington and I'm happy. I needed a carpenter to reframe my door and raise it an inch or so to a standard size and they were able to do it.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1535 posts
591 upvotes
Burlington, ON
CenturyBreak wrote: Thanks for the suggestions... I'll check them out!

Keep 'em coming! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Looking to get new doors installed in Burlington, did you choose an installer yet?
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan