Recommended Mechanic - AC Diagnosis

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2022 7:35 pm
Apr 20, 2011
898 posts
112 upvotes
Scarborough

Recommended Mechanic - AC Diagnosis

Any recommended mechanics for AC diagnosis and repair? My 06 Acura TSX - AC is only emitting hot air
8 replies
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
Did you do some DIY Investigations to narrow it down before paying for mechanic service? Compressor > Condensor > Evaporator > Hoses or Lines > Electrical > Refrigerant

Go on https://www.tsxclub.com and acuraworld.com search A/C blowing hot air or post on Reddit Toronto.
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18020 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
I went last year to TMS Auto Clinic in Mississauga to recharge my AC after 11 years. They do free diagnosis:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-repair-mai ... 1612662077

They are a drive from Scarborough but he did save me a lot of money compare to the local repair shops in the Scarborough/Durham region. Generally all vehicles need a recharge after 10+ years as the refrigerant leaks a little to keep the seals from cracking and after 16 years, a recharge might *hopefully* be all that is needed. Keep in mind that after a recharge, if it works fine for the year and next year you have the same problem, it means you have a leak that needs to be fixed.

PXL_20210522_143411286.jpg
Last edited by hightech on May 14th, 2022 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
7579 posts
5272 upvotes
Toronto
Was it gradually blowing hotter air over past years, if so it could just be low on freon. On an old year, I would just buy recharge kit for $50 and see if that fixes it.
Dec 8, 2009
123 posts
38 upvotes
Markham
Replace the A/C relay first, common problem for Honda/Acura. p/n# 39794-SDA-A05
Feb 13, 2021
846 posts
915 upvotes
Marmite wrote: Replace the A/C relay first, common problem for Honda/Acura. p/n# 39794-SDA-A05
Or better yet, test it before replacing it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5138 posts
2179 upvotes
Mississauga
Could also be AC clutch not engaging due to over tolerance.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
hightech wrote: I went last year to this TMS Auto Clinic in Mississauga to recharge my AC after 11 years. They do free diagnosis:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-repair-mai ... 1612662077

They are a drive from Scarborough but he did save me a lot of money compare to the local repair shops in the Scarborough/Durham region. Generally all vehicles need a recharge after 10+ years as the refrigerant leaks a little to keep the seals from cracking and after 16 years, a recharge might *hopefully* be all that is needed. Keep in mind that after a recharge, if it works fine for the year and next year you have the same problem, it means you have a leak that needs to be fixed.

I used TMS Auto Clinic in 2018. Free diagnosis and their price was really good to replace the compressor
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18020 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto
peteryorkuca wrote: Was it gradually blowing hotter air over past years, if so it could just be low on freon. On an old year, I would just buy recharge kit for $50 and see if that fixes it.
Instead of spending $50, it would be better to go to TMS Auto Clinic in Mississauga who does it the proper way for a few bucks more:

- connect their machine to remove the charge on the system
- keep running the machine to completely remove the moisture and air from the system
- recharge the system as well as the lube oil to the level that is listed on the sticker under the hood of the vehicle

Those charge kits are good but the key is to not overcharge the system. Also, NEVER put any of the leak stop stuff in the system as it can cause issues when you need to recharge the system the proper way.

PXL_20210522_143411286.jpg