• May 4th, 2015 10:27 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 21, 2008
14 posts

Recommended Movers for a Hamilton to London ON move

Hi All

Looking for a good mover to move one of our parents from Hamilton to London.

Rough guestimate cost for packing and moving would be great as well.
The Hamilton house is about 1400 sq ft 2br bungalow and he's moving to a large 2br appt

Thanks in Advance
Zol
3 replies
Nov 26, 2010
29 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph
We just used:

http://www.youmoveme.com/ca

They worked hard to get everything completed on time and actually came in about $100 less than their quote.
Their quote was in the middle range of the three we got, but they seemed more trustworthy.

Cost was around $800, we packed nearly everything ourselves but they do offer that service as well.
Nov 26, 2007
788 posts
197 upvotes
I got a very competitive quote from Space at Hand, St George, for a move between St. Catharine's and London (using a storage pod). We haven't moved yet, the container is being delivered in a few weeks, but I found that they were the cheapest in the storage container category. Keep in mind, compared to above, we will have to load/unload everything. If we didn't need the storage pod, the quote above sounds very competitive - we have about a 3 week gap we need storage. Also, I haven't actually used their service yet... if something odd happens during the move, I'll update this.
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
mavrik13 wrote: I got a very competitive quote from Space at Hand, St George, for a move between St. Catharine's and London (using a storage pod). We haven't moved yet, the container is being delivered in a few weeks, but I found that they were the cheapest in the storage container category. Keep in mind, compared to above, we will have to load/unload everything. If we didn't need the storage pod, the quote above sounds very competitive - we have about a 3 week gap we need storage. Also, I haven't actually used their service yet... if something odd happens during the move, I'll update this.
Never thought of this. Do you mind ballparking your quote. Something i might consider. 3 weeks is a nice window to load up.