Fashion & Beauty

Recommended place to service an Omega PO around Ottawa?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 10:05 am
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
851 posts
399 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario

Recommended place to service an Omega PO around Ottawa?

I bought my Omega PO 45.5mm in August of 2011 and I've been wearing it almost daily (6 days a week basically) for close to a decade now. The watch is still very accurate and loses maybe a second every day, but the crown won't change the date anymore (crown in second position). On the rare occasion that I need to change the date, I have to use the crown in the last position (changing the time), so it takes a while, but it's no big deal.

I have never serviced an automatic watch before. I was wondering what were my options. Do I send it to the official Omega facility in Switzerland for service? Or can anyone do it around my area (Ottawa)? What are the costs for servicing an automatic Omega watch?

Any help/recommendation would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

***Edit:

Found information on the official OMEGA website. Seems the price is 680$. Source = https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-s ... nformation

I'm still interested to see if there are other local options available...

***Edit 2: I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong thread category... can a mod move it to the appropriate place please? (I suppose Fashion and Apparel?)
Last edited by Potrice on Aug 13th, 2021 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29096 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
Potrice wrote: I bought my Omega PO 45.5mm in August of 2011 and I've been wearing it almost daily (6 days a week basically) for close to a decade now. The watch is still very accurate and loses maybe a second every day, but the crown won't change the date anymore (crown in second position). On the rare occasion that I need to change the date, I have to use the crown in the last position (changing the time), so it takes a while, but it's no big deal.

I have never serviced an automatic watch before. I was wondering what were my options. Do I send it to the official Omega facility in Switzerland for service? Or can anyone do it around my area (Ottawa)? What are the costs for servicing an automatic Omega watch?

Any help/recommendation would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

***Edit:

Found information on the official OMEGA website. Seems the price is 680$. Source = https://www.omegawatches.com/customer-s ... nformation

I'm still interested to see if there are other local options available...

https://ashtontracy.ca/
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29096 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
FriendlyUnit wrote: Lol this guy will likely charge you more than Swatch themselves if he even takes the job from you. Your best option is to send it off to swatch IMO.
On the other hand I can recommend this business
http://www.archerwatches.ca/service.html
Omega is their specialty.
He serviced my Speedmaster Pro at a reasonable price. Less than Swatch would have charged. Used OEM parts.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6240 posts
1804 upvotes
Some people might prefer factory servicing, especially for a modern watch.

Both Archer and Ashton are in high demand as they get customers from all over the world and you may have to wait for a longer period than factory service.
May 30, 2015
354 posts
327 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: He serviced my Speedmaster Pro at a reasonable price. Less than Swatch would have charged. Used OEM parts.
Mind telling when ?
May 30, 2015
354 posts
327 upvotes
mr_raider wrote: November 2020.
And what was the price tag? And did you get a quote from Swatch for the same service ?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29096 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
FriendlyUnit wrote: And what was the price tag? And did you get a quote from Swatch for the same service ?
798 including parts and taxes. The local Omega AD (chateau d'Ivoire) said 850$ + parts

He told me he charges base 450$ for ETA three handers, and 550 for 7750 based chronos

Remember this not a Valjoux 7750 or base ETA. It's an Omega 1861 specific to this watch.

I don't know what he would charge for an Aqua Terra Co-ax. You can always email him.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
851 posts
399 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
I contacted Ashton and he said to me he doesn’t do Co-Axial movement watches.

Just a fyi for future references…

So my next option is to contact Archer or just to send it directly to Omega.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29096 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
Potrice wrote: I contacted Ashton and he said to me he doesn’t do Co-Axial movement watches.

Just a fyi for future references…

So my next option is to contact Archer or just to send it directly to Omega.
Didnt know. I have the old speedy pre coax so no issues.

Archer was choice one, he told me he was overbooked and not taking new jobs.

Guess my railmaster will be going back to swatch when it's due in a few years.