Computers & Electronics

Recommended Security Camera store in the GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2015 3:28 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
29 posts
1 upvote

Recommended Security Camera store in the GTA?

Someone keeps throwing cigarette butts mainly at night onto my property and I want to catch who did it.

Can anyone recommend a store in Toronto or the GTA that I can contact? Or a good store online? I heard cameras at Costco and similar locations are not up to par compared to some professional cameras but I don't know which cameras is what I need. I'm thinking of an outdoor dome shaped night vision camera with swappable internal storage. I'm still researching but was hoping someone here would have some insight.
5 replies
May 29, 2008
811 posts
348 upvotes
I've had to get security cameras recently and I did go in to look at Costco. The price was nice but the quality of the picture was, as you said, not up to par. The one with the best picture that I saw in the store I visited was 720p. The other one I saw was wireless and it looked really bad. I ended up ordering from aliexpress (from a Chinese seller) with express international shipping.

I made the purchase on a Thursday morning, and it arrived on Wednesday the next week. If you need this setup immediately, then this obviously won't work. I don't have any experience with any dealers in Toronto, so that's about as much I can help with.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36342 posts
9610 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
A little off topic, but what you plan on doing once you catch the "culprit"?

The guilty party is obviously sneaking outside late a night to have a cigarette. Probably a neighbour

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)