• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2020 12:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41261 posts
6430 upvotes

Recommended socks for Sperry Boat Shoes

Any recommended socks? OR do people just wear these with their bare feet? Or do the wear special socks that still gives the impression that they're not wearing any socks?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 23, 2016
265 posts
259 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I usually alternate between no socks and the "special socks" you mentioned that are really quite common, and colloquially referred to as "no-shows."
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41261 posts
6430 upvotes
noxlen wrote: I usually alternate between no socks and the "special socks" you mentioned that are really quite common, and colloquially referred to as "no-shows."
Can these "no-shows" socks be purchased somewhere? Or is that a trick answer of yours lol.

I read online that wearing these without any socks is bad for your feet? I.e. the leather material, or it'll make your feet sweat more often, etc. More chances of blisters too.
Proud to be an Indian.
265 posts
259 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I wouldn't want to do too much walking without socks, or if it's extremely hot out, etc. But for casual wear, driving, etc I have never had any problems with my feet without socks. Definitely "cleaner" with socks, though.

You can buy no-shows anywhere. Quick Amazon search revealed lots of options.
Jan 16, 2009
177 posts
71 upvotes
I bought some no-show socks from Winners awhile ago. It's annoying when the elastic starts getting loose and then the heel starts slipping off while you walk... I know they usually have a piece of rubber on the inside of the sock to help "stick" against your ankle, but it wasn't very reliable. Or maybe I just got crappy ones...
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11805 posts
2348 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Something like this is what you want

https://www.costco.ca/bench-men%e2%80%9 ... 51094.html
Some boat shoes are really low cut and show a lot of the top of your foot. OP may want to go even lower with the no show socks. Like these:

https://www.reebok.ca/en/active-foundat ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not recommending these specifically, just picture for reference.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3293 posts
591 upvotes
Some shoes have no-show socks that are made to fit their shoes and not show - allbirds is one. I tried my allbirds pair with another similar shoe and they showed, but not with the allbirds. Perhaps ask where you bought the shoes.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13088 posts
2181 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Maylay wrote: I bought some no-show socks from Winners awhile ago. It's annoying when the elastic starts getting loose and then the heel starts slipping off while you walk... I know they usually have a piece of rubber on the inside of the sock to help "stick" against your ankle, but it wasn't very reliable. Or maybe I just got crappy ones...
I have Smartwool no-show socks that slip down, even with the gripper on the heel. What an expensive fail of a product!
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.