• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2016 6:37 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3759 posts
1397 upvotes
Ancaster

Recommends for Reputable Honest Auto Garages in Hamilton

I'm looking for some feedback from my fellow RFD'ers for reputable honest mechanics/garages in Hamilton area (preferably on the mountain).

Thanks in advance.
2 replies
Nov 18, 2015
1 posts
1 upvote
Hannon, ON
Not much of a poster, but this one caught my eye, we just went through this with my wife's car. The cel came on in June and was due for a e-test in Sept so we had some time to look around for a shop. I have a scan tool and pulled a the code.
The fault was an evap po453 fuel tank pressure sensor, was a $50 dollar part but the gas tank has to be removed or lowered to replace. Tried a place on Fennell and when we picked up the car my wife drives home and said the light was still on.
Called back, he said bring it back they may have forgot to clear the code, mechanic takes car for ride comes back cel is out. Drive home park car two days later wife go's out cel is on again. I scan the code and the same fault. Call them and when I ask why there is
such a problem fixing an evap code he go's off on me telling me there is more to an evap system that just the vent valve. And if I'm not happy with his work come get my money back. I was there in 2 minutes.
Took the car to Upper Gage Garage car was ready next day and guess what they changed to fix the car? fuel tank pressure sensor. Asked them to keep the old parts, he shows me the one he replaced and it did not look new at all.
Looks like it will be Upper Gage Garage
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3759 posts
1397 upvotes
Ancaster
Thanks Graycat. The reviews on Upper Gage Garage look very good.

Anyone else got any recommends....surely there's more than one decent garage on the Hamilton mountain.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)