• Feb 28th, 2020 3:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2255 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…

Record of employment History

I'm looking for my history of records of employment on the government's My Service Canada Account website. I've been employed well over 30 years across a dozen companies and yet there appears to be no historical data on the gov website. Is this typical that they don't hold this historical information or could this be a glitch with my SIN/Account?

Any advice? Anyone else have no historical ROEs?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38201 posts
24389 upvotes
Center of Universe
From my understanding, ROEs are only generated by the employer when terminating an employee or specifically requested.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10747 posts
3985 upvotes
They're kept for 11 years
If it wasn't submitted electronically by your employer you won't see it online
You can contact Service Canada to get a copy if it meets the timeframe
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2255 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
clseea wrote: They're kept for 11 years
If it wasn't submitted electronically by your employer you won't see it online
You can contact Service Canada to get a copy if it meets the timeframe

Ok, this is likely the reason if my employers have been submitting ROE paper copies and not electronically. I guess I'll need to call and request a historical copy.....now to find the right telephone number! :)
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2011
10747 posts
3985 upvotes
fordmaple wrote: Ok, this is likely the reason if my employers have been submitting ROE paper copies and not electronically. I guess I'll need to call and request a historical copy.....now to find the right telephone number! :)
Is there a specific reason you need them? They're generated for the sole purpose of determining eligibility for EI
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1241 posts
2255 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
clseea wrote: Is there a specific reason you need them? They're generated for the sole purpose of determining eligibility for EI
I want to ensure my resume is 100% accurate with each employment I've had as the employers I'm applying for do employment checks for each past employer and was hoping this historical report could be definitive. I don't want to have a job offer rescinded because of a date/tenure mismatch or company name typo. Call me paranoid.

Thanks for your interest and guidance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)