Expired Hot Deals

Red Dead Online only version - $7.49

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 5:04 pm
16 replies
Jul 6, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP. Isn't this coming to Steam and Epic Games store as well? I can't seem to find it online - would like to avoid another launcher if I can (already have 9 running!).
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3720 posts
5922 upvotes
Kitchener
people don't seem to like the online mode much based on some reviews i read...
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Sep 1, 2015
785 posts
925 upvotes
How is normal price supposed to be $29.99 when this game digitally was even cheaper already several times and I think was even given free as part of Gamepass? Rockstar is really turned into a greedy company. My RDR2 Xbox Live Version is already delisted even though I bought Ultimate Edition back at launch. Now some other ultimate edition was on sale at XBL. I mean sure I can always re-download from my games and apps, I guess, but I hate this digital license trickery. Microsoft has done the same with MCC making my digital purchase disappear for a new one that costs more.
Dec 23, 2005
492 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver
RDR2 is on Steam, hoping that Red Dead Online is as well.. Looking to pick this game up though.
Nov 12, 2014
266 posts
195 upvotes
Brampton, ON
OP. Clarify one thing for me pls? Will this include the original game as we?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1479 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
icemannn123 wrote: OP. Clarify one thing for me pls? Will this include the original game as we?
I'm curious as to what you think "online only version" in OP's title means. You also could've clicked any of the links for a description of the game, which once again, is Red Dead Online.
Last edited by Ninja Robot Pirate on Dec 1st, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 31, 2020
966 posts
725 upvotes
MichaelS89429 wrote: Thanks OP. Isn't this coming to Steam and Epic Games store as well? I can't seem to find it online - would like to avoid another launcher if I can (already have 9 running!).
I dont think you can avoid their launcher anyway.
Jan 29, 2017
78 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, AB
icemannn123 wrote: OP. Clarify one thing for me pls? Will this include the original game as we?
This only includes the PvP portion of the game. If you want the story mode you have to buy the full version of the game.
Nov 12, 2014
266 posts
195 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TransdimensionalFox wrote: This only includes the PvP portion of the game. If you want the story mode you have to buy the full version of the game.
Thank you!
Apr 21, 2015
355 posts
383 upvotes
Calgary, AB
As someone who has lots of hours in both the SP and RDO. Don't get this. The online is shallow like a puddle in comparison to the SP.

Most of the "fun" activities are gatekeeped behind the gold bars and you can earn enough bars but it'll take a couple weeks of play.

R* is barely doing any content for RDR2. Single player or online.
Apr 16, 2014
146 posts
192 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: I'm curious as to what you think "online only version" in OP's title means. You also could've clicked any of the links for a description of the game, which once again, is Red Dead Online.
Or, y'know, the Op could've included a bit more clarity in the post itself instead of just a bunch of shortened URL links. One person providing clarity rather than a bunch of people having to click through obfuscated links makes this a much easier process. I too wondered what RDOnline was, sounded like a Digital Only version, had no idea they'd built an MMOish version.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1479 posts
1739 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
bishop613 wrote: I too wondered what RDOnline was, sounded like a Digital Only version, had no idea they'd built an MMOish version.
That just betrays a lack of familiarity with RDR2 on both of your parts; they didn't build an MMO version as a new option, it already existed as part of the base game. Just like GTA Online.
Jul 6, 2018
4 posts
2 upvotes
Kevcorm wrote: I dont think you can avoid their launcher anyway.
Oh I didn't realize that the Steam/Epic versions still relied on the rockstar launcher. I guess I'll grab directly from rockstar then. Thx!
Apr 16, 2014
146 posts
192 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: That just betrays a lack of familiarity with RDR2 on both of your parts; they didn't build an MMO version as a new option, it already existed as part of the base game. Just like GTA Online.
Yes, I don't think either of us are suggesting we knew what the Op was talking about, other than it being Red Dead Redemption related, hence our request for a slight bit of added insight in the post. It is easy not to be so cryptic just by sharing a bit more information. Anyhow, we'll just watch the Down Votes accrue.

Props to TransdimensionalFox for actually providing that clarity in response to Iceman
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2130 posts
270 upvotes
Summerland
I wish they'd separate the single player from the garbage online mode and sell that for cheap, instead.
Jun 18, 2010
212 posts
171 upvotes
Online is crap. Full of griefers. No point in going around doing side stuff and such when a squad will randomly grief you in the middle of your quest, wasting your time.

They need to make servers where everyone can play together and then PVP servers similar to an MMO.
“I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet