Automotive

Red Light Camera @ Dufferin St. & GlenCairn Ave

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2016 4:05 pm
Mar 8, 2016
5 posts

Red Light Camera @ Dufferin St. & GlenCairn Ave

~ Travelling NORTHBOUND on Dufferin St.

Saw the light change yellow from 40 m away, tried to stop ended up partially stopped in the middle of the intersection so continued on.

The red light camera at this intersection is on the left side of the road, facing me.

Is the camera positioned to capture both southbound and northbound direction on Dufferin ? i.e. can it take a picture of the the front license plate ? or is it only rear.

Picture attached of my view approaching the intersection with camera located on the left hand side. Image
8 replies
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
I thought they got rid of these cameras altogether in the GTA years ago? The ones at Jane/Finch and Finch/Weston are gone.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
If you didn't see any bright flashing, you're fine. If you did, expect a bill coming your way in 2weeks.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Sep 18, 2015
53 posts
34 upvotes
Midland, ON
It sounds like you need better brakes.
Mar 8, 2016
5 posts
I was actually planning on drifting into a left turn because the road was so empty, but at the last moment I remembered I was out of Sriracha so had to go to Fortino's.

~ HOW DO PEOPLE NOTICE THE FLASHING when they actually DO run a red when its from behind them, is it THAT BRIGHT !!?!?!

RE: Brakes - New brakes, new tires, didn't feel like skidding on a yellow, I'm just OCD, I'm 100 % sure I entered the intersection on a yellow, as a matter of fact, I saw it change from yellow to red when i was partially stopped underneath it. But you know, you drive a lot, so maybe I'm remembering another time where that happened and my brain is filling it in.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13286 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
It's THAT bright! Even in the daytime you can't miss it!
sblackiceg wrote: I was actually planning on drifting into a left turn because the road was so empty, but at the last moment I remembered I was out of Sriracha so had to go to Fortino's.

~ HOW DO PEOPLE NOTICE THE FLASHING when they actually DO run a red when its from behind them, is it THAT BRIGHT !!?!?!

RE: Brakes - New brakes, new tires, didn't feel like skidding on a yellow, I'm just OCD, I'm 100 % sure I entered the intersection on a yellow, as a matter of fact, I saw it change from yellow to red when i was partially stopped underneath it. But you know, you drive a lot, so maybe I'm remembering another time where that happened and my brain is filling it in.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 8, 2016
5 posts
[QUOTE] I thought they got rid of these cameras altogether in the GTA years ago? The ones at Jane/Finch and Finch/Weston are gone. [/QUOTE]

No, they are still all over the place, although the boxes they have them in are starting to look a little old :lol: :lol: