Automotive

Red Light Traffic Ticket?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2018 2:15 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2018
1 posts

Red Light Traffic Ticket?

I made a Left hand turn (Islington, and HWY 7) on a steady left arrow I was the first in the left lane and as I made my left turn I saw the Red light camera flash I didn't do anything illegal, I don't understood why the camera flashed. Is it possible I got a ticket? or maybe it was someone else? It's kind of worrying me.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13866 posts
8934 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Maybe someone made a RIGHT turn and didn't fully stop. Stop worrying if you didn't do anything wrong.
LeilaF018900 wrote: I made a Left hand turn (Islington, and HWY 7) on a steady left arrow I was the first in the left lane and as I made my left turn I saw the Red light camera flash I didn't do anything illegal, I don't understood why the camera flashed. Is it possible I got a ticket? or maybe it was someone else? It's kind of worrying me.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Banned
Jan 9, 2018
151 posts
54 upvotes
LeilaF018900 wrote: I made a Left hand turn (Islington, and HWY 7) on a steady left arrow I was the first in the left lane and as I made my left turn I saw the Red light camera flash I didn't do anything illegal, I don't understood why the camera flashed. Is it possible I got a ticket? or maybe it was someone else? It's kind of worrying me.
When you were turning was the light red? It probably caught another car as the above mentioned, wouldn't be too worried.
Feb 19, 2012
904 posts
598 upvotes
Woodbridge
A flash doesn't necessarily mean a ticket. My guess is that someone ran the red when you were turning left and you simply didn't notice as you were focused on making the turn.
Jan 28, 2015
153 posts
23 upvotes
Mississauga
Yeah I always wondered if the other intersection running perpendicular is able to get tickets since the red light ticket box is only on one lane usually
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6878 posts
5787 upvotes
Burlington
You sound kinda like my wife.

THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THINGS THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED! SITTING THERE AND WORRYING DON'T DO YOU ANY BETTER

If you didn't do anything wrong, nothing will come.
If you get something in the mail in 1-2 months, THEN see what happened. You can figure out why, and possible fight.

You are just sitting there, worry about everything - everything that you can NOT do anything about.