Hot Deals

[Red Sky Medical] RedSky VOLT eScooter 65km Range / 35 km/h Speed/ Cruise Control $899.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 10:26 am
[OP]
Mar 31, 2010
5 posts
23 upvotes
Ajax

RedSky VOLT eScooter 65km Range / 35 km/h Speed/ Cruise Control $899.99

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 14, 2021
Retailer:
Red Sky Medical
**For people living outside of Toronto**

Same as the Ninebot segway scooter without a speed limiter so it goes 35km/h and priced cheaper. Picked it up yesterday everything looks and it goes fast) yet easy to control.

https://www.redskymedical.ca/collection ... kmph-speed
Last edited by aasoror on May 18th, 2021 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
134 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6967 posts
6833 upvotes
Is there anywhere in Ontario that is legal to drive these on public roads?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6983 posts
4149 upvotes
repatch wrote: Is there anywhere in Ontario that is legal to drive these on public roads?
That's like asking is it legal to drink outdoors in the park,

Use proper discretion/moderation - and you'll be fine. (Obviously don't ride your scooter on a 400-series highway!)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1124 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Is there anywhere in Ontario that is legal to drive these on public roads?
Bike lanes? Just guessing
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7489 posts
3619 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I know Toronto ban scooter on public street.
But it is selling like hot cake here. lol
That being said, isnt it better to get an ebike for that price?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6967 posts
6833 upvotes
chillychin wrote: Bike lanes? Just guessing
I don't think so. I honestly don't think there is any public road/path/trail/etc that it's legal to drive these things on in Ontario. Private property sure, but nothing public. I think.
Last edited by repatch on May 12th, 2021 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2013
171 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: I don't think so. I honestly don't think there is any public road/path/trail/etc that it's legal to drive these things on in Ontario. Public property sure, but nothing public. I think.
I'm guessing that is a typo?
ie
Private property sure, but nothing public?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
6967 posts
6833 upvotes
Madchester wrote: That's like asking is it legal to drink outdoors in the park,

Use proper discretion/moderation - and you'll be fine. (Obviously don't ride your scooter on a 400-series highway!)
Sorry, no.

A bottle of beer doesn't cost $1000, and isn't something I'd rely on to get someone. A bottle of beer is also not likely to get me sued in the case of an accident causing injury or property damage because there is no insurance.

To be frank: get an eBike.

Until these things are permitted into some sort of LEGAL use, I can't see why one would drop $1000. What the heck use is a 65km range if all I can do legally is drive it up and down my driveway?

And to be clear: my personal opinion is they SHOULD be legal.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2017
1279 posts
1262 upvotes
I actually saw a guy with one of these stopped (maybe ticketed?) by a cop yesterday. So maybe not worth the hassle although it should be legal since those intentionally loud attention whoring motorcyclist morons are allowed ride
Last edited by l1197493 on May 12th, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 11, 2018
35 posts
30 upvotes
Any Ebike recommendations for this price range?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5458 posts
1655 upvotes
Kanata
Maybe these would've been fine if manufacturers didn't push the speed limit. Can't imagine someone whizzing by me at 35 km/h on the sidewalk lol. Most bike enthusiasts ride on the road here and the others who use the sidewalk aren't going at 35.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Mar 29, 2019
34 posts
31 upvotes
This is a great deal, bought a couple GoTrax in April for 600, would have definitely gone for these for the incremental spend had they been available.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6983 posts
4149 upvotes
repatch wrote: Sorry, no.

A bottle of beer doesn't cost $1000, and isn't something I'd rely on to get someone. A bottle of beer is also not likely to get me sued in the case of an accident causing injury or property damage because there is no insurance.

To be frank: get an eBike.

Until these things are permitted into some sort of LEGAL use, I can't see why one would drop $1000. What the heck use is a 65km range if all I can do legally is drive it up and down my driveway?

And to be clear: my personal opinion is they SHOULD be legal.
If you're ordering Uber Eats, I sincerely hope you're turning away any orders from a scooter courier to uphold the by-law. Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 6, 2010
133 posts
148 upvotes
A medical store selling scooters? Is this like a dental office selling candy cane?
Dec 13, 2006
628 posts
527 upvotes
Vancouver
guardiangod wrote: A medical store selling scooters? Is this like a dental office selling candy cane?
No its more like a computer store selling a sous vide or air fryer.
Nov 3, 2009
367 posts
132 upvotes
Winnipeg
Our family loves ours. and that is a great price. it looks like a rebranded ninebot. I got at Xmas for 899, no tax from Amazon
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5994 posts
2160 upvotes
Toronto
gis_jobs wrote: **For people living outside of Toronto**

Same as the Ninebot segway scooter without a speed limiter so it goes 35km/h and priced cheaper. Picked it up yesterday everything looks and it goes fast) yet easy to control.

https://www.redskymedical.ca/collection ... kmph-speed
What do you mean same as Ninebot without limiter? Is it literally identical (like made in same factory) with different labels? Or is it just similar? What is the limit for Ninebot? And what's the lowest price for a Ninebot?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5994 posts
2160 upvotes
Toronto
grither wrote: Our family loves ours. and that is a great price. it looks like a rebranded ninebot. I got at Xmas for 899, no tax from Amazon
Why would there be no tax on Amazon?
Nov 3, 2009
367 posts
132 upvotes
Winnipeg
fightbriz wrote: Why would there be no tax on Amazon?
not really sure. there were two listings, one with no tax. so bought that one. I'm guessing the seller made a mistake. but scooter is great

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)