Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
red tag

Toronto to Jamaica - Grand Bahia Principe - ALL INCLUSIVE - $1189

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 10:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
SWstriker17 wrote: A lot of opinions but I've been at the Grand Bahia Runaway Bay before and recently got back from my HM at Luxury Bahia Runaway Bay (adults only side).

1. Top shelf liquor at Luxury (Grey goose, Chivas, Black Label, etc.)
2. Staff were ALLLLL a delight and service was excellent both times we've been here. This is RFD so I'm assuming there's a crap ton of cheapos here lol. I guess because I am of Caribbean background I understand things are a lot more relaxed and on "island time".
3. Beach is amazing if you walk further towards the "nude beach". My wife and I have never found a resort that you can go neck deep into the water and it's so crystal clear. I'm really baffled by the reviews/comments here about the beach. Either these people weren't willing to walk to find the better beach or just didn't know I dunno.
4. Not a whole ton of local food but the jerk area by the beach on the Grand side was our go-to everyday. Buffets weren't bad at all but we tend to only eat local cuisine. You can't expect much from a buffet. A la cartes were pretty decent.
5. Quite a bit of a walk but there are carts you can catch to get you from point A to point B (Remember to TIP!!!)
6. Both times we've been there, we did not experience any of the "theft" I read here. Nor did we hear of anyone getting robbed. There are some really nice people working on the resort who work hard and deserve a little tip (Try tipping people who don't usually receive tips i.e. grounds man, maintenance workers, etc)
7. There's quite a bit to do on the resort since it's so big. They have a nice little area where they have a sports bar with slot machines (which we've won on both trips)
8. Karaoke bar gets pretty full but club doesn't but the tables in the open air area is a nice place to chill and relax in the night time.
9. In both of our trips we've never even encountered a SINGLE mosquito.

I could probably go on and on but all I'm saying is don't listen to all the negative chit chat.
Thanks for the detailed and objective review, we are going there in April with our boys (8 and 10) and booked before this thread was created, nice to see some unbiased and thorough reviews that don't just say "food sux" or "sandals is better"
covabwoy wrote: Guess you can’t write and act properly. I made a mistake. My BAD. Since you wrote a one sided biased novel it was hard to understand what you had written. I have stayed on both sides and I as well as my family found the Luxury side much better as well as access to better portions of the beach in addition to the top shelf liquor on the luxury side. We spent 95% of our time on the Luxury side as they also had the various table tennis, foosball and billiards tables. Clearly you were only concerned with food. Not sure what food you were eating as the food on the luxury side was much better. Parents going with their families need to be aware of the additional games and activities that are available on the luxury side. It’s not just about food. Also during our stay on the GRAND side, my wife had her phone stolen WHICH we reported to the staff. All of a sudden the next day one of the staff members said that they had “mistakenly” picked up my wife’s phone when they were cleaning the room and walked out of the room with it and had “forgotten” to put it back. We can AGREE TO DISAGREE. Looks like you’re just another bully...hope you don’t teach your kids your irrational response skills...
Take a chill pill
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
joshmxpx wrote: Thanks for the detailed and objective review, we are going there in April with our boys (8 and 10) and booked before this thread was created, nice to see some unbiased and thorough reviews that don't just say "food sux" or "sandals is better"

Take a chill pill
I’m not the one that started it...perhaps you should suggest chilling out to your buddy that made the “unbiased review”. Enjoy your stay and hopefully you don’t get any of your property stolen...let’s hear your “objective” and “thorough review” of this resort when you return. I’d be interested in having a good read Mr. Perfect.
Dec 13, 2005
59 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
vacationhunter wrote: The one I stayed at was COBA. It was great loved it 100%.
Considering going here with my wife and 2.5 year old in a month or so, how far is it from the airport?

And how was the seaweed issue?

Looks like a nice big tropical resort.
Jan 7, 2020
8 posts
26 upvotes
PinkMonkeys wrote: Considering going here with my wife and 2.5 year old in a month or so, how far is it from the airport?

And how was the seaweed issue?

Looks like a nice big tropical resort.
the ride was about 40 minutes.