Health & Wellness

The Red and White OHIP Cards expired July 1st. Is anyone still using them or have one?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 7:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3924 posts
1151 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

The Red and White OHIP Cards expired July 1st. Is anyone still using them or have one?

Hello,

The Red and White OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) Health Cards are officially expired since Canada Day. Does anyone still have one who has not changed over to the new style ones? I know that since the Covid-19 Corona Virus Epidemic, its been tough for many people to visit a Service Ontario Store and exchange their cards, so because of this, did the Government put a soft extenshion on the expiry date? how many people still have the non photo red and white ohip cards? please post if you still have one?
Hi
2 replies
Temp. Banned
Apr 5, 2013
4848 posts
1928 upvotes
markham
GoodFellaz wrote: Hello,

The Red and White OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) Health Cards are officially expired since Canada Day. Does anyone still have one who has not changed over to the new style ones? I know that since the Covid-19 Corona Virus Epidemic, its been tough for many people to visit a Service Ontario Store and exchange their cards, so because of this, did the Government put a soft extenshion on the expiry date? how many people still have the non photo red and white ohip cards? please post if you still have one?
I am sure it would work the same way they handled me at emergency a few years ago with an expired card...

ID..
Exp card number
Sign a promise to pay if you dont/fail to renew your card in 48hrs

service ontario is open, so there is no excuse to not renew