Food & Drink

From Reddit - I operate an All-You-Can-Eat buffet restaurant. Ask me absolutely anything.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 3:32 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39756 upvotes
Toronto

From Reddit - I operate an All-You-Can-Eat buffet restaurant. Ask me absolutely anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... urant_ask/

Very eye opening:

Q- What is one item you would advise people to stay away from at an all you can eat buffet?

A - Crab legs. I'm being serious. I have seen Chinese buffets at the fish market going and buying bottom of the barrel seafood including crab legs past their prime. And then they don't steam them properly either to save on volume.

The sushi on the other hand, a common misconception, is relatively safe to eat IN A BUSY PLACE, as the health code standards in the region of raw food is very strict, and you cannot skimp out on prices of salmon and tuna fillet.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
4 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21265 posts
6248 upvotes
Poormond Hill
They past their time an the seller still sold it?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote: They past their time an the seller still sold it?
You can't be serious with that question.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2005
1292 posts
75 upvotes
I bet the operator doesn't even have crab legs at his AYCE place! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
some places put less in the soup base when egg prices swing too high
allmywat.jpg
so a high egg content makes it thicker
Ah yes, let's use expensive eggs because corn starch doesn't exist.
You see, not many people can eat 1 1/2 day's worth of protein or seafood in one sitting.
Then you get a jerk like me who eats 1 1/2 weeks worth of protein or seafood to make up for it.
Source: Came from Captain's Boil and their AYCE mussels.
I have seen Chinese buffets at the fish market going and buying bottom of the barrel seafood including crab legs past their prime. And then they don't steam them properly either to save on volume.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Also won't stop me.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)