Shopping Discussion

Redeeming iTunes gift card for non-Apple products?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 11:37 pm
[OP]
Sep 24, 2006
955 posts
204 upvotes

Redeeming iTunes gift card for non-Apple products?

Long story short - I was given an iTunes gift card for my birthday but I don't use any Apple devices. Is there some way of redeeming it for non-Apple products/services? I tried Googling but to no avail.

Thanks in advance
13 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8568 upvotes
GTHA
hank755 wrote: Long story short - I was given an iTunes gift card for my birthday but I don't use any Apple devices. Is there some way of redeeming it for non-Apple products/services? I tried Googling but to no avail.

Thanks in advance
Sell it at a discount

You can use cardswap.ca to sell it

cardswap-ca-anyone-use-834178/
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8568 upvotes
GTHA
Kiraly wrote: You can use them to pay for Netflix. It might require signing up for a new Netflix account through iTunes. You can do this on a PC, no Apple devices required.
You do not need a new Netflix account. Cancel the current Netflix account and rejoin after the Netflix account has closed. Now do you sign up on a PC?

from https://help.netflix.com/en/node/25097
To sign up for Netflix with iTunes billing, download the Netflix app on your Apple TV or iOS device, select Join Free for a Month and follow the prompts to set up your account.
To rejoin Netflix with iTunes billing, open or download the Netflix app on your Apple TV or iOS device.
  • If you have had service with Netflix within the last ten months, select Sign in. Select Restart Your Membership and follow the prompts to confirm your plan type and email address. Finish by selecting Subscribe with iTunes.
  • If you have not had service with Netflix within the last ten months, select Join Free for a Month and follow the prompts to restart your membership.
Jun 10, 2016
355 posts
246 upvotes
Brampton
same thing happened to me - I just sold it at a discount
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16719 posts
14044 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
killoverme wrote: Didn't know about this. Not a bad deal if you purchase at the Bay. $50 tim for 47.50
Yes I thought the whole thing rather good
Buy GCs and get HBC Reward Points... which then can be traded for AirMiles
(Really nice if there are Bonus HBC Reward Points... or a Multiplier
More HBC Points = more AirMiles)

Never mind that they also offer Card Swapping too.
Have not done it though... so cannot really comment on whether they’ll take iTunes GCs or not
(Doesn’t say anything on website... think one needs to ask for a Buy Back Quote)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2814 posts
1834 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Yes I thought the whole thing rather good
Buy GCs and get HBC Reward Points... which then can be traded for AirMiles
(Really nice if there are Bonus HBC Reward Points... or a Multiplier
More HBC Points = more AirMiles)

Never mind that they also offer Card Swapping too.
Have not done it though... so cannot really comment on whether they’ll take iTunes GCs or not
(Doesn’t say anything on website... think one needs to ask for a Buy Back Quote)
When you type itunes in search says apple store (not itunes).