None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2070 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto

Redesigned tangerine.ca

Just noticed that the hold expiry date for deposits is no longer available on the redesigned tangerine.ca. Any ideas how to get it without calling ? Thanks.
20 replies
May 24, 2018
470 posts
295 upvotes
Ontario
Hm. The last time I saw it was about 2 weeks ago in a pop-up ... after I clicked on the orange "Learn more" link after the total on hold amount from my recent deposits (displayed on the Transactions tab).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6585 posts
2951 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Yeah, it's like more "hidden" now.

What is weird that for last several years had no holds on several of our family accounts; even on 5 figures... BUT now all have holds even on couple of hundred dollars.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Feb 2, 2007
917 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
andrew4321 wrote: Just noticed that the hold expiry date for deposits is no longer available on the redesigned tangerine.ca. Any ideas how to get it without calling ? Thanks.
Click on Transactions.
In the Posted Transactions section, there should be a line: A total of $xxx.xx is on hold from your recent deposit(s). Learn more. Click on Learn more
Click on the down arrow in the "Total funds on hold" box.
holds.png
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal
My biggest frustration with the website lately is that it seems to no longer be remembering trusted or authorized devices. It asks me my additional security question each and every time I log in, no matter how many times I tell it to trust my device or browser.

According to an agent on live chat, this is a known bug and there's no timetable for a fix. It's just one extra step, but it drives me nuts that they don't have some sort of tech support page or reporting mechanism for this stuff.
Feb 2, 2007
917 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
seriesofcontradictions wrote: My biggest frustration with the website lately is that it seems to no longer be remembering trusted or authorized devices. It asks me my additional security question each and every time I log in, no matter how many times I tell it to trust my device or browser.

According to an agent on live chat, this is a known bug and there's no timetable for a fix. It's just one extra step, but it drives me nuts that they don't have some sort of tech support page or reporting mechanism for this stuff.
Until recently, my Firefox browser had all Tangerine users in the family "remembered", with no security question prompts. Then, it suddenly started to ask a question at every login, refusing to "remember" the user for the device.

I've switched to Chrome and there I have no such issue.

IOW, YMMV.
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal
adrian2 wrote: Until recently, my Firefox browser had all Tangerine users in the family "remembered", with no security question prompts. Then, it suddenly started to ask a question at every login, refusing to "remember" the user for the device.

I've switched to Chrome and there I have no such issue.

IOW, YMMV.

I have the same issue with Chrome, FWIW. But even if I didn't, I wouldn't switch browsers just for one website. Tangerine should fix its site.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6585 posts
2951 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Too many clicks to get to accounts.

If in credit card account screen... should be able to click or using pull down menu to another account instead of going back to home screen.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Jul 3, 2019
727 posts
316 upvotes
The app works great though. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Feb 2, 2007
917 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
seriesofcontradictions wrote: I have the same issue with Chrome, FWIW. But even if I didn't, I wouldn't switch browsers just for one website. Tangerine should fix its site.
Most of the time, I use Firefox, but I also use Chrome for Canada-wide free calling from Google Mail (it used to work in any browser, but for a few years it's only been working in Chrome). IIRC the integrated phone section is/was called Google hangouts.

So most of the time I have both browsers open.
Feb 1, 2018
959 posts
1095 upvotes
Montréal
F3el96 wrote: The app works great though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Actually, I have the same problem with being prompted every time for my security question on the app, too.
May 31, 2018
684 posts
1592 upvotes
Saskatchewan
Newly redesigned yet that incredibly stupid and useless "Transaction Breakdown" circle is always there, Insights never stay dismissed and keep popping up, it's slow as crap for all that gets displayed and add all the other problems people are having...stellar work by their design team in never actually improving anything.
Jan 4, 2019
458 posts
465 upvotes
This redesign has me looking for a new main bank. It's atrocious. So much wasted space and no properly dividers / shading. No longer quick and easy at a glance.
Jul 3, 2019
727 posts
316 upvotes
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Actually, I have the same problem with being prompted every time for my security question on the app, too.
Not for me. I just accepted an e-transfer actually. Weird.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2070 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto
adrian2 wrote: Click on Transactions.
In the Posted Transactions section, there should be a line: A total of $xxx.xx is on hold from your recent deposit(s). Learn more. Click on Learn more
Click on the down arrow in the "Total funds on hold" box.
holds.png
The information they show now is total for all accounts. Previously it was possible to see available amount and hold amount for each individual account.

I believe this was done purposely to maximize the revenue from NSF fees.
Feb 2, 2007
917 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
andrew4321 wrote: The information they show now is total for all accounts. Previously it was possible to see available amount and hold amount for each individual account.

I believe this was done purposely to maximize the revenue from NSF fees.
It does not really matter.

Say you have $10,000 in your Tangerine savings account out of which $9,000 is on hold. You also have a Tangerine GIC for $6,000 that has some time until maturity.
You found a better HISA rate, say at Simplii.
You can safely transfer/push/pull up to $7,000 from your Tangerine HISA to Simplii, despite the hold (that used to be calculated on an account by account basis).

The only hold that matters is the total hold, as explained on their website - see the next box, Total accessible funds.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2070 posts
867 upvotes
Toronto
adrian2 wrote: It does not really matter.

Say you have $10,000 in your Tangerine savings account out of which $9,000 is on hold. You also have a Tangerine GIC for $6,000 that has some time until maturity.
You found a better HISA rate, say at Simplii.
You can safely transfer/push/pull up to $7,000 from your Tangerine HISA to Simplii, despite the hold (that used to be calculated on an account by account basis).

The only hold that matters is the total hold, as explained on their website - see the next box, Total accessible funds.
I have 2 chequing accounts and 4 savings accounts. When I do a transfer out, initiated from another financial institution, the new tangerine.ca does not show me where available money for transfer is. Only total available.
Feb 2, 2007
917 posts
831 upvotes
GTA
andrew4321 wrote: I have 2 chequing accounts and 4 savings accounts. When I do a transfer out, initiated from another financial institution, the new tangerine.ca does not show me where available money for transfer is. Only total available.
All you need to know is the current balance of each account, and the total available. You can transfer out the lesser of the two.
Of course you also need to take into account any future scheduled transactions.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)