• Oct 5th, 2019 11:11 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta

Redlight/Speed Camera Question

I was at an intersection near my house this morning which I know has a redlight/speed camera. I was stopped at the redlight for about 45 sec and was the only vehicle there. When it turned green, I proceeded across the intersection and noticed the camera behind me flashed twice. My speed was only about 15-20 km/hr. WTF is that, am I going to receive a ticket in the mail that I will have to fight or does someone actually look all these photos before they send them out? Never received a redlight camera ticket before.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13891 posts
8987 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
We'll just have to wait and see, could be a malfunction. Anywho, if what you said is true, whoever reviews the picture would know and void the ticket.
jackrabbit000 wrote: I was at an intersection near my house this morning which I know has a redlight/speed camera. I was stopped at the redlight for about 45 sec and was the only vehicle there. When it turned green, I proceeded across the intersection and noticed the camera behind me flashed twice. My speed was only about 15-20 km/hr. WTF is that, am I going to receive a ticket in the mail that I will have to fight or does someone actually look all these photos before they send them out? Never received a redlight camera ticket before.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta
Yeah it's definetely true, it was at 6:45 this morning. I drive by this camera location everyday on the way home.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5456 posts
2988 upvotes
Toronto
A physical body needs to check before sending out an actual ticket, so hopefully he will see the green light when you entered the intersection.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4581 upvotes
Alberta
peteryorkuca wrote: A physical body needs to check before sending out an actual ticket, so hopefully he will see the green light when you entered the intersection.
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if anyone actually reviews these photos before sending anything out. Can you actually report a malfunctioning camera to the police dept. even though they have nothing to do with them.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13891 posts
8987 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
You don't call the police for this, you call city services.
jackrabbit000 wrote: Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if anyone actually reviews these photos before sending anything out. Can you actually report a malfunctioning camera to the police dept. even though they have nothing to do with them.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!