Cell Phones

Redmi K30: 120hz screen, imx 686 camera, SD730G, 4500 mah battery ~ $350 CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 1:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14331 posts
4905 upvotes
London

Redmi K30: 120hz screen, imx 686 camera, SD730G, 4500 mah battery ~ $350 CAD

The Redmi K30 here and the specs for the dollar value are pretty insane!

13 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12310 posts
1862 upvotes
Kanata
I really wish they would make a more NA-friendly version when they do release the global version. My phones like to use Band 12 often, would hate to not have that for when I travel out of city. I need bands 4/7/12/17 for my provider, having bands 4 and 7 were a bit of a hindrance when I had the Note 5 Pro.
Sweet specs though, at that price point.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
21725 posts
24850 upvotes
Toronto
thread about it here

"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2013
521 posts
171 upvotes
I checked the bands, lots are missing.
!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1856 posts
1023 upvotes
ZenaZ927 wrote: I checked the bands, lots are missing.
!
It's intended for Chinese market, with Xiaomi in the past they release global version afterwards (most of the time).
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2013
521 posts
171 upvotes
jay-em wrote: It's intended for Chinese market, with Xiaomi in the past they release global version afterwards (most of the time).
Ah. No wonder. I check all the flagship phones and they all support all bands. Thought was because k30 was cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
8889 posts
683 upvotes
Just take Redmi Note 8 Pro
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2748 posts
755 upvotes
Scarborough
Can any kind soul explain why Umidigi can provide band 1 to 99 (exaggerated, almost full Cdn spectrum) and Xiaomi Can't?

Cost money, higher royalties...what?
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2013
521 posts
171 upvotes
rdx wrote: Just take Redmi Note 8 Pro
Do u have one? I checked supported LTE bands and seems most of the global version xiaomi phones still don't support Canadian carriers' bands. I wonder how network performance of these global version xiaomi phones.
Member
Oct 22, 2013
375 posts
219 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ZenaZ927 wrote: Do u have one? I checked supported LTE bands and seems most of the global version xiaomi phones still don't support Canadian carriers' bands. I wonder how network performance of these global version xiaomi phones.
I have redmin note 8 pro global vrtsion.. works with rogers ,koodo, public.mobile, lucky and virgin.(GTA )
Sr. Member
Jul 16, 2013
521 posts
171 upvotes
IKnowUSexy wrote: I have redmin note 8 pro global vrtsion.. works with rogers ,koodo, public.mobile, lucky and virgin.(GTA )
Good to know. Thx.

Top