Expired Hot Deals

Lucky Mobile

Refer-A-Friend is back! $5 off each month for 10 months (= $50 for new clients)

[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
412 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto

[Lucky Mobile] Refer-A-Friend is back! $5 off each month for 10 months (= $50 for new clients)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 30, 2021
Retailer:
Lucky Mobile
More offers from Lucky Mobile
Hey pals, Lucky Mobile Refer-A-Friend is back!

It seems to be even better than before this time. New clients get $5 off every month for 10 months (and so does the existing client who refers them). Was only 8 months in the previous promotion and 5 before then, so the deal is getting better.

You must activate between August 19 and September 30, 2021.

Link with information: https://www.luckymobile.ca/offers/promo-refer-a-friend

I've been a Lucky client for over three years now and I love them. Solid service, good plans, no dropped calls which is an issue I'd had with Public Mobile. Data speeds are good - it's 3G speeds but actually LTE capped at 3G. Customer service is available via phone (you have to call the number and keep pressing zero), and they are also responsive on Facebook, Twitter etc. Main customer service is located overseas but if you call and have a complex issue they seem to transfer you over to a "manager" who is in a local Bell office.

Please note they are a DISCOUNT CARRIER. So you will not get the same level of customer service as Robellus. But, you will save money and have solid service (they are a Bell subsidiary and use Bell towers).

Also, if you are on one of the plans with included data, you will get unlimited throttled data (128 kbps) after your cap. So you won't have to worry about running out of data for basic functions.

Happy to answer any questions you have! Please note you cannot post publicly in this thread asking for a referral.
72 replies
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
795 upvotes
Edmonton
Lucky seems to be increasing the referral bonus. Used to be $25 then $40 and now $50. I am using Lucky for over a year now, lemme know if you have any queries about the service.

Offer period: From August 19, 2021 until September 30, 2021

Details can be found here

https://www.luckymobile.ca/offers/promo-refer-a-friend

Note: The referral form must be submitted by the person being referred to Lucky Mobile.

Forum Rule: Do not ask for referral

Tip: Buy sim card from Dollarama or Giant Tiger and get $20 Dollarama giftcard

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phon ... -dollarama

https://www.luckymobile.ca/support/phon ... iant-tiger
Lucky Mobile $25 plan with 9GB
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
Also note there is a maximum bonus of 3 referrals, so keep that in mind when making referrals (i.e. if you've already made 3, let someone else make the referral).
Apr 25, 2019
868 posts
1509 upvotes
YXE, Sask.
Lol, I switched to Public then a few days later, get this email.
Koodo BF 2022 $30 20 GB ($25 for first 5 months!)
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
Apr 3, 2020
168 posts
212 upvotes
Ottawa
Sim card can also be ordered from amazon for 1 to 2$. I have two lines with lucky on 25$ plan.
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
795 upvotes
Edmonton
TomohisaY56005 wrote: Sim card can also be ordered from amazon for 1 to 2$. I have two lines with lucky on 25$ plan.
No point ordering online when the 4$ sim from dollarama gives you a $20 giftcard.
Jun 14, 2005
675 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
Good deal! I just missed out on the higher bonus. Referred my MIL - perfect for her use. She uses FB Messenger for her texts. Doesn't understand the difference between FB Messenger and texting. She didn't understand why "texts" were not working when she was on the golf course. Now that she's got the $15 plan with 100 minutes, unlimited texts and 250 MB data, it doesn't matter. Win!
Jun 6, 2017
284 posts
96 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Hi - thinking of back to school phone plan with some data for kids? Is this good and coverage is reliable in Mississauga area? Thanks in advance.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2013
412 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
HockeyfanCanada wrote: Hi - thinking of back to school phone plan with some data for kids? Is this good and coverage is reliable in Mississauga area? Thanks in advance.
I've gone as far west as Milton (from Toronto) and service is still top notch. Didn't even think about it actually. They use Bell towers so coverage is good.

It's good for kids too because of the unlimited data after the cap. Don't have to worry about going over.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
HockeyfanCanada wrote: Hi - thinking of back to school phone plan with some data for kids? Is this good and coverage is reliable in Mississauga area? Thanks in advance.
They are prepaid plans which is good for kids especially as there are no extra charges/overages that get billed after the fact (assuming you don't give them control to) - you only get what you've already paid for. They also get unlimited data with most plans, albeit slow.

Haven't used in Mississauga particularly, but quite good coverage in general as it's Bell. So if you know Bell is good in your area, you should be just fine.
May 16, 2017
383 posts
186 upvotes
hot, but everybody's dumb, i tell people about these offers and people think because its not bell or rogers that it must mean their no good. So its hard to get referrals, i guess maybe that's why they are giving u money to refer them.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1266 posts
247 upvotes
Ottawa
is this about the same as Public Mobile (TELUS)? I'm not very happy with PM coverage in Ottawa (Barrhaven). I wonder if this would give me better coverage since it uses Bell towers.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
iamleoliu wrote: is there a minimum plan requirement?
No, even the $15 plan works for referral
May 14, 2007
424 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Can i port my number over from Rogers?
Is this a prepaid or postpaid option?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1766 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
Honger wrote: Can i port my number over from Rogers?
Yes you can it's a prepaid plan
The service is pretty good.
I have the 25$ plan and i got offers for free addons if I did auto pay.
So now i have 25$ for 2gb and unlimited minutes/text.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1726 posts
646 upvotes
ON
Honger wrote: Can i port my number over from Rogers?
Porting from Rogers is fine. It is prepaid, where you can manually top up by the anniversary date to keep the plan active, or auto top up from a credit card where it adds funds on the date, at the beginning of your month
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1373 posts
1558 upvotes
Earth
wow wish I could get referred for a kids account
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Aug 12, 2014
291 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto, ON
"PLAN INCLUDES:
100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited Canada-wide & International texts
250 MB of data every month with Automatic Top-Up"

Unlimited Canada-wide & International texts---------does it mean both incoming and outgoing texts are free for overseas countries?
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
795 upvotes
Edmonton
th3xeroeagle wrote: Yes you can it's a prepaid plan
The service is pretty good.
I have the 25$ plan and i got offers for free addons if I did auto pay.
So now i have 25$ for 2gb and unlimited minutes/text.
were u also offered 1 gb extra for activating autopay ?

just to confirm so u are getting 500 mb as per base plan + 500 mb for normal auto pay + 1 gb extra for offer auto pay = 2GB ??
Nov 25, 2019
551 posts
795 upvotes
Edmonton
letterschen wrote: "PLAN INCLUDES:
100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes
Unlimited Canada-wide & International texts
250 MB of data every month with Automatic Top-Up"

Unlimited Canada-wide & International texts---------does it mean both incoming and outgoing texts are free for overseas countries?
Yes