Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 30, 2007
393 posts
3 upvotes

Reflex Wiper Blades - Any good?

Hi All,

I m sure you all have seen the bendable wiper blade commercials that they sell at Cdn Tire for $19.99.

My blades recently flew off (yes.. flew off... ) as i was driving in the snow. Looking for a replacement and am debating between a "nice" 19.99 blade or the cheap ones at wal-mart.

Has anyone tried them and recommend them?

thanks!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2006
1415 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Depends on the shape of your windshield.

They don't work well at all on my car (GM W body).
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
12380 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
I still think the best blades are OEM blades. Sure beats paying a premium for CT blades.
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6898 posts
882 upvotes
Toronto
Qu4rk wrote: Hi All,

I m sure you all have seen the bendable wiper blade commercials that they sell at Cdn Tire for $19.99.

My blades recently flew off (yes.. flew off... ) as i was driving in the snow. Looking for a replacement and am debating between a "nice" 19.99 blade or the cheap ones at wal-mart.

thanks!
I'm going to venture a guess and say they flew off because you didn't put them on right.

I know the Reflex Wet Techs or whatever they are have a different design clip that does not allow them to be put on all types of vehicles.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2005
5025 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
gherikill wrote: Depends on the shape of your windshield.
QFT

They were the best thing on my 97 Corolla but sucked the balls on my 04 Impreza.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2003
3276 posts
58 upvotes
I have found the michelin ones at costco for around have the price seem just as good
Apr 19, 2007
152 posts
4 upvotes
Qu4rk wrote: Hi All,

thanks!
I installed them on my 2001 Camry and they are fantastic. Way better than the Toyota OEM that I had before.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3410 posts
176 upvotes
At that price, I would rather have 4 of the cheapo blades than 1 of the relflex ones.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Apr 5, 2006
392 posts
5 upvotes
Kanata
gherikill wrote: Depends on the shape of your windshield.
Agreed. They worked great on my 96 Jetta but worked poorly on my 2005 Corolla.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4128 posts
1064 upvotes
Blunt wrote: At that price, I would rather have 4 of the cheapo blades than 1 of the relflex ones.
Agree. $20 for a wiper is ridiculous. I use the Michelin or low profile ones from Walmart work great. Believe RainX is OK too without the premium price.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11916 posts
3575 upvotes
Ontario
I just put some cheper Rain-X ones from WallMart on our 01 GrandAm and they work pretty good.

Might as well save $$ and replace your wiper blades more often, it would be better then getting the premium ones that probably do the same thing as cheaper ones.
Nov 29, 2005
71 posts
new_vr wrote: I have found the michelin ones at costco for around have the price seem just as good

the ones at costco are better - this from experience. I had a costco one on the drivers side and a CT reflex one on the passengers side. The reflex has died and gone to heaven (it lasted about 10 months), and been replaced with the michelin from costco.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
ego wrote: the ones at costco are better - this from experience. I had a costco one on the drivers side and a CT reflex one on the passengers side. The reflex has died and gone to heaven (it lasted about 10 months), and been replaced with the michelin from costco.
I am still using the michelin one I got from Costco about 2 years ago. It was less than $10 each. It is not prefect at this moment but it still does its job reasonably well. I think it is about $14 now. I am hoping it will be on sale one day soon.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1693 posts
267 upvotes
Brampton
here's my experience:

i bought these from crappy tire exactly two months ago today. Not realizing there was some sort of coating on it, I got blue **** all over my hands when installing (just a future warning for ppl installing). For about a week and a half, the wipers made a horribly annoying squeaking sound when I used them. But I guess they were just being worked in because after that week and a half, the sound went a way and they worked BEAUTIFULLY. Although I'll have to say they don't work particularly well with mist or light drizzle.

So anyways, they worked great until about a week and a half ago when the big snow storm came overnight. I went to clean the (at least 7" of) snow off my car, and as I slowly uncovered the wipers, the tips were bent up. I don't know how the hell that happened, but my only guess is that the weight of the snow bent the tips. Either way, I'm really pissed off because I tried to bend them back into position but they I couldn't get them perfectly back into the arc. Since then they do not properly clean the arc of the windshield that the tips cover. My question is: Is there some sort of warranty the blades have because I know I'm out of the return period for Crappy Tire???

this is what they looked like:
[IMG]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4742 ... erswg2.png[/IMG]
adamm
Oct 26, 2006
682 posts
6 upvotes
i just bought these from CT, and i'm looking for more opinions on these wipers.

i know i already bought them, bla bla bla...

just like to see other people's experiences, good or bad.