• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 1:35 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 23, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes

Refrigerator 26" depth or less

Hi, I am looking any stainless steel fridge which has 26" inch depth or less. Width range 31-33 inch. Any advise.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11823 posts
6112 upvotes
Toronto
ikea
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[OP]
Apr 23, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes
I didn't find. Which model has less than or equal to 26" in depth in IKEA or any other place . price range $1200 to #2000
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11276 posts
1886 upvotes
koffey wrote:
May 10th, 2019 9:21 am
ikea
Ikea fridges range from 27" to 32" depth.

Search for "counter depth refrigerators". I should note that counter depth fridges only really come in french door or side-by side door designs. Top or bottom mount fridges with counter depth are really rare. I've only seen 1 or 2.

I read the May is the month you want to buy a fridge as May is when all the new models come in (which is separate from other appliances), but I haven't seen a single sale so far. :(
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2684 posts
272 upvotes
Liebherr has fridges that are 25" deep.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4725 posts
629 upvotes
Calgary
If its not an outside wall, consider removing studs behind refrigerator to give you an extra 4" depth. Cheaper than as special fridge and more fridge volume possible. I have done it.
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3057 posts
475 upvotes
DavidWatson - We have space restrictions - particularly re height. The only stainless steel fridge we were able to find is the Frigidaire - smudge proof stainless steel (and we needed stainless steel). It is an 18 cubic feet unit - 29 5/8 wide, 26 5/8 deep and 65 3/8 high (which is how high we were able to go to leave the minimum required room for air flow). I do realize that the width is 5/8 deeper than you posted. We have cupboards above the unit which we cannot cut. Originally a company was supposed to make a shorter unit to accommodate those in our situation but instead cupboards were made shorter to no doubt make people replace their cupboards!

The list price is $1,349.00.

By the way, if you have issues the entry level Miele Dishwasher also requires a little less space than 24 inches - which we did not have. We had a repairman from our previous Dishwasher company out here and he agreed that there was no way that a 24 inch unit would fit. It has been 2 years but the entry level Miele just slid in - we had it installed.

We did have the kitchen professionally installed 18 years ago - but factors such as the fridge, dishwasher (next will be the oven/cooktop - the depth will be a major issue and one we cannot overcome) were not considered by the designer - little did we know - but now we do.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
2173 posts
811 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Could try GE. Have one such (fridge only) unit in our house (inherited ~ 15(?) y.o. model). single door, 33" width and low height. Sorely tempted to replace with a full depth even if it will stick out an additonal 6". Counter-depth fridges are major PITA. 33" is also a width that limits your options.
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD