Shopping Discussion

refund if i do not pick up package at walmart?

[OP]
May 2, 2014
466 posts
181 upvotes

refund if i do not pick up package at walmart?

i am ordering an item sold and shipped by walmart to pickup at a walmart store. i may not be able to pick it up. if that is the case, will i get refunded? i assume it will be automatically returned.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
9935 posts
1881 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Check Walmart's policy on it. Some places for example will charge a restocking fee. If it's just a question of you being unavailable at the time the package comes, I would contact the Walmart store in question and try to work it out with them.
Feb 7, 2015
319 posts
203 upvotes
uber_shnitz wrote: Check Walmart's policy on it. Some places for example will charge a restocking fee. If it's just a question of you being unavailable at the time the package comes, I would contact the Walmart store in question and try to work it out with them.
Yeah that's true. I had a grocery pickup that i requested for the next day and they hold it for me. No restocking fee on grocery pickup so not sure if this applies to non grocery item.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1723 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
ausername wrote: i am ordering an item sold and shipped by walmart to pickup at a walmart store. i may not be able to pick it up. if that is the case, will i get refunded? i assume it will be automatically returned.
Yes you will be refund automatically if you dont pick up your order after certain period of time (can not remember how many days). Not need to let them know.
Apr 13, 2020
3 posts
9 upvotes
Hey recently placed non grocery order for pick up.
Received reminder email and it said,

Items that are not picked up by the date above will be returned to our warehouse and a refund will be made to your original method of payment

Hope that helps!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3734 posts
1980 upvotes
Vancouver
ToDealHunter wrote: Yes you will be refund automatically if you dont pick up your order after certain period of time (can not remember how many days). Not need to let them know.
YMMV. I had to call Walmart to get my money back 2 months after I didn't pick up an item.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2019
1404 posts
1645 upvotes
GTA
Not all grocery refunds are automatic.

I bought a $1 box of tissue as filler for the Wahl hair kit on June 4, and it's still waiting for me there. It's just not worth a 25 min drive or a 30 min call with customer service...
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
Waited about a month then finally called the store to inquire. The item was still there, so asked to cancel the order and received the refund in a couple of days. I called the online order pickup number, not the general store number.