• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2019 12:59 am
[OP]
Nov 22, 2009
91 posts
65 upvotes
London

Refund from McD's App

I used the app to order from McD's and when I got there they did not have it ready and I was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. I didn't want to wait so I asked for a refund. The store said they can't process refunds for App purchases and I have to contact the App for a refund. I contacted the App and they said they don't have equipment to process refunds and I have to contact the store. So I contacted the store and they said they have be told that the App handles all refunds. I checked the app and I do not see any place to dispute or request a refund for me order. I spoke to app support on their 1-800 number and they're just sending me in circles.

Has anyone had this problem? And if so how did you get a refund?
9 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18106 posts
2617 upvotes
Langley
Credit card chargeback would be my suggestion. You've put in enough effort already.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1529 posts
1324 upvotes
GTA
gatewaysucks wrote: I used the app to order from McD's and when I got there they did not have it ready and I was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. I didn't want to wait so I asked for a refund. The store said they can't process refunds for App purchases and I have to contact the App for a refund. I contacted the App and they said they don't have equipment to process refunds and I have to contact the store. So I contacted the store and they said they have be told that the App handles all refunds. I checked the app and I do not see any place to dispute or request a refund for me order. I spoke to app support on their 1-800 number and they're just sending me in circles.

What was the value of your purchase/approx how much is the refund?

Hmm, if they can't give you a refund, am sure, Customer Service @ McDonald's can give you coupons instead :)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2607 posts
1693 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
gatewaysucks wrote: I used the app to order from McD's and when I got there they did not have it ready and I was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. I didn't want to wait so I asked for a refund.
A couple of times I've had issues, the store has just refunded me cash from the till.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2009
91 posts
65 upvotes
London
mzmoney wrote: What was the value of your purchase/approx how much is the refund?

Hmm, if they can't give you a refund, am sure, Customer Service @ McDonald's can give you coupons instead :)
yeah it's just under 5 bucks. they did offer to mail me a extra value meal coupon. i just think it's messed up there is no way to get a refund from their app. seems like a feature that will get them in trouble down the road.
[OP]
Nov 22, 2009
91 posts
65 upvotes
London
i6s1 wrote: Credit card chargeback would be my suggestion. You've put in enough effort already.
thanks. from what i hear credit cards only allow you so many, so i don't want to waste one on a 5 dollar order from mcdicks, but if i have to, i have to.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1529 posts
1324 upvotes
GTA
gatewaysucks wrote: yeah it's just under 5 bucks. they did offer to mail me a extra value meal coupon. i just think it's messed up there is no way to get a refund from their app. seems like a feature that will get them in trouble down the road.
You're right, it's strange McD's can't refund via app, altho their app is a bit flaky

Lessons learned from RFD:
1. don't store credit card on McD app
2. if purchasing via app, hope you don't need a refund, as the McD store/HO may not give you one

Hmm, maybe if a larger $$ purchase, they would make more of an effort to figure out a way to refund?!
Dec 22, 2007
478 posts
244 upvotes
Mississauga
gatewaysucks wrote: I used the app to order from McD's and when I got there they did not have it ready and I was told it would be a 15-20 minute wait. I didn't want to wait so I asked for a refund. The store said they can't process refunds for App purchases and I have to contact the App for a refund. I contacted the App and they said they don't have equipment to process refunds and I have to contact the store. So I contacted the store and they said they have be told that the App handles all refunds. I checked the app and I do not see any place to dispute or request a refund for me order. I spoke to app support on their 1-800 number and they're just sending me in circles.

I had same issue and received the same response no one wanted to do anything. It is just bad setup on their site. They are just lazy or incompetent. Anyways I escalated and got double my money back for the inconvenience I suggest you do the same maybe they will fix it if it starts costing them money. it was not a huge amount think around $5.
Jun 11, 2005
232 posts
47 upvotes
Markham
I had a similar issue and messaged them through email and they sent me a two coupons, one for the original purchase and one for goodwill. I’m afraid that’s the best you’re going to get. I’ve stopped using the McD app for ordering because it doesn’t work well.