Shopping Discussion

Refund from walmart.ca's 3rd party vendor from USA

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2021 7:26 pm
Jun 17, 2017
249 posts
35 upvotes

Refund from walmart.ca's 3rd party vendor from USA

After returning the items to a local Walmart store, how can I get a refund for the customs fees paid to Canada Post?
4 replies
Jul 20, 2017
284 posts
295 upvotes
Wait... you can return 3rd party items in store? To a PHYSICAL store? Am I the only one shocked about this?

I have shopped a lot of 3rd party sellers from Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc. And NEVER have I seen the actual store take care of refunds for the items as it makes no sense as they aren't responsible for the product.

I even looked on Walmart's website to make sure, and NOWHERE mentions going to the physical store. I think you must've had some really nice workers that day or something.

Next time, contact the seller. Most of the time they will refund you and let you keep the item. You save your time/gas, plus if the item still works, you can keep it or donate it. Better than it going to a landfill as they aren't going to sell it.

Now for your duties. You are responsible for it. You have to fill out a B2G form. It honestly so much work and never worth buying outside of Canada unless they worry about customs.
Here to buy stuff I don't need
Deal Addict
May 8, 2001
1185 posts
1762 upvotes
TylerOakville wrote: I even looked on Walmart's website to make sure, and NOWHERE mentions going to the physical store. I think you must've had some really nice workers that day or something.
You didn't look hard enough. They even have a page dedicated to third party sales which is even linked from their regular returns page or the help centre (https://www.walmart.ca/en/help). And it's been there for a while even before COVID, but now with COVID specific restrictions.

"Items sold by Third Party Sellers with a retail price of $150.00 CAD and below can be returned to any Walmart store, subject to the exceptions listed below. If you wish to return items with a retail price above $150.00 CAD, please reach out to the Third Party Seller directly."
Jul 20, 2017
284 posts
295 upvotes
MikeNet wrote: You didn't look hard enough. They even have a page dedicated to third party sales which is even linked from their regular returns page or the help centre (https://www.walmart.ca/en/help). And it's been there for a while even before COVID, but now with COVID specific restrictions.

"Items sold by Third Party Sellers with a retail price of $150.00 CAD and below can be returned to any Walmart store, subject to the exceptions listed below. If you wish to return items with a retail price above $150.00 CAD, please reach out to the Third Party Seller directly."
My bad, I only looked at the 3rd party section. That is great that you can do that. as an alternative just incase things go south with the seller.
Here to buy stuff I don't need