Computers & Electronics

Refurbished laptop from Best Buy Marketplace QR Computers?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 3:44 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3501 posts
1608 upvotes
Canada

Refurbished laptop from Best Buy Marketplace QR Computers?

I'm considering buying a refurbished laptop from Best Buy. While it's through Best Buy's website, it's through their Best Buy Marketplace and sold through QR Computers.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this company?
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2004
1603 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Shop around for refurb.... Bestbuy charges the most for refurb

Use the search on redflagdeals cuz i cant post links to price comparison websites
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2004
1603 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
I bought t410 for 220
T420 or t430 should be 300 i dunno about dell and hps

Ca.refurb
Boxroo
Jul 7, 2016
1 posts
Finaly do you have buy from QR Computers? I have buy one
and I look for the tracking number .. I hope he does not send items by canada
Feb 26, 2007
1 posts
1 upvote
I ended up buying from the Best Buy Marketplace with seller QR Computers... huge mistake!! :(

The refurbished laptop was shipped to me, however it arrived defective. I then called the seller and they told me to fill in an RMA on their site (which I did). After that, no word for weeks! I then escalated this to Best Buy and only then the seller responded. But they only wrote back to fill out an RMA.. which I already did! This company is so unorganized.

They stopped answering their phone and never respond to messages outside the Best Buy forum (via order status).

I instantly regret buying from them. I am quite shocked that Best Buy would allow such a company to be part of their online site.

I also found out the name "QR Computers" is their 2nd name. Their real name is "CNB Computers". If you Google them, you will see reviews of the same nature: awful service. But yet, they still managed to be MS certified.

I wish there were more posts about this company.
I feel like I wasted several hundred dollars and now stuck with a doorstop :(
Jan 29, 2017
1 posts
JL3 wrote: I ended up buying from the Best Buy Marketplace with seller QR Computers... huge mistake!! :(

The refurbished laptop was shipped to me, however it arrived defective. I then called the seller and they told me to fill in an RMA on their site (which I did). After that, no word for weeks! I then escalated this to Best Buy and only then the seller responded. But they only wrote back to fill out an RMA.. which I already did! This company is so unorganized.

They stopped answering their phone and never respond to messages outside the Best Buy forum (via order status).

I instantly regret buying from them. I am quite shocked that Best Buy would allow such a company to be part of their online site.

I also found out the name "QR Computers" is their 2nd name. Their real name is "CNB Computers". If you Google them, you will see reviews of the same nature: awful service. But yet, they still managed to be MS certified.

I wish there were more posts about this company.
I feel like I wasted several hundred dollars and now stuck with a doorstop :(
Thank you for posting this. I too just bought a refurb. from this same company. Purchased on January 12, shipped on the 16 and in my hands on the 18th, so I've had the product for 12 days. I have had nothing but problems with it rebooting itself with errors messages ranging from "Memory Storage" to "Faulty Hardware". I am in the process of returning it for a full refund so that I can buy a new product and after reading your post, I will make sure to contact Best Buy directly and sooner if I start to have issues with this company. I am completely disappointed and will never buy refurb. again for ANY electronics. I will post my experience with this company as the day progresses but they have 48 hours to respond according to the Best Buy Market Place website. I agree with you though in that I am surprised that Best Buy would allow them to operate this way, under their name. It's THEIR reputation at stake, I hope they think twice about allowing this company to continue to advertise on their site.

Thanks for your feedback, it is helpful going forward.
Jun 2, 2016
28 posts
9 upvotes
if they are CNB Computers, their other online store in Canada is called Referb io. Check their reviews there's quite a bit here at RFD. You can search my post I did a review on them from my experience dealing with them.
Nov 18, 2003
175 posts
213 upvotes
MrWhiteRD wrote: if they are CNB Computers, their other online store in Canada is called Referb io. Check their reviews there's quite a bit here at RFD. You can search my post I did a review on them from my experience dealing with them.
Wait - are you saying that CNB Computers is ca.refurb.io? How were you able to figure that out? JLB above posted

If that is true, then by the transitive law, "QR Compters" is ca.refurb.io.

I have only had good experiences with ca.refurb.io, and find that what QR Computers is selling on Bestbuy.ca different from what ca.refurb.io has for sale on their website and in their eBay store.

Edit: I just found this https://bestlegitreviews.com/refurb-io-review/ - its amazing, I guess I just had good luck. Or some of their competitors are out to slam these guys? I'm glad my machine has held up!
Sep 21, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Purchased a "refurbished" asus phone from QR computer through the best buy site. defective phone . It's been 3 months now and they are ignoring my correspondence and calls.i email many times but very bad customer service they said contact asus I did call asus they said they can't do anything.they riped me off . They send me defective phone and wrong charging cable I wast of my money and time . Beaver they return policy is so bad and they riped off i hate qr computer and bestbuy
Banned
Sep 21, 2017
44 posts
30 upvotes
Salman225 wrote: Purchased a "refurbished" asus phone from QR computer through the best buy site. defective phone . It's been 3 months now and they are ignoring my correspondence and calls.i email many times but very bad customer service they said contact asus I did call asus they said they can't do anything.they riped me off . They send me defective phone and wrong charging cable I wast of my money and time . Beaver they return policy is so bad and they riped off i hate qr computer and bestbuy
Does the phone smell like curry?

You learned your lesson, don't make the same mistake the next time.
Dec 15, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
I bought a refurbished Dell Latitude E6440 laptop from QR Computers through Bestbuy.ca
I was unaware that refurbished ment human hair and food in keyboard, dents and the overall appearance of a very old & very beat-up computer. The twisted worn out power supply is able to power it up, and it does turn on. But it just crashes before it completes the never ending updates.
Bestbuy.ca costumer service was no help. Guess I will have to just except the fact I got ripped off and go buy another one some place else. Maybe if I am lucky I can get $40 for parts out of it if I post it on kijiji.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)