• Dec 3rd, 2009 1:46 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 4, 2009
428 posts
5 upvotes

Refuse and return package

Hi there, just wondering if it's possible to bring a package that has been shipped to me to Canada Post and tell them that I refuse to take the package and have it shipped back? I got some blu-rays for xmas for some people but they've already received the same ones by someone else.
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1357 posts
497 upvotes
Toronto
your suppose to refuse when they were asking you to sign the thing. maybe you can pull a "wrong address"
Oct 1, 2005
424 posts
8 upvotes
keljai wrote: your suppose to refuse when they were asking you to sign the thing. maybe you can pull a "wrong address"
I guess it depends on how long the OP has had the package for. If it's been one day, then maybe he can say wrong address... Otherwise yes he should have refused the package on the spot instead of taking it.
[OP]
Mar 4, 2009
428 posts
5 upvotes
the thing is that, i woke up and saw the package sitting inside my storm door when i was on my way out. i sent an email to them saying that i wanted to see how much the cost would be including the shipping to Canada and pressed the ship button by accident.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
212 upvotes
Surrey
mikalh78 wrote: the thing is that, i woke up and saw the package sitting inside my storm door when i was on my way out. i sent an email to them saying that i wanted to see how much the cost would be including the shipping to Canada and pressed the ship button by accident.
Somehow I don't think this is an accurate assessment since most web sites have at least s single confirmation page before the order is finalised. Looks like you should have done your research first. On the positive side, you have Christmas presents for other people now, too. :D
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
mikalh78 wrote: the thing is that, i woke up and saw the package sitting inside my storm door when i was on my way out. i sent an email to them saying that i wanted to see how much the cost would be including the shipping to Canada and pressed the ship button by accident.
If you have already received the package, how are you going to refuse it now? The seller fulfilled their end of the bargain so you'll have to check what their refund policy is.

I think your options now are to either ship the package back at your own expense (assuming that the seller will take it back) or keep the package.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16594 posts
6767 upvotes
Why would you change your story now? Your first post indicated you didn't want the Blu Ray's because the recipients of your gift already had them. Now you're saying that you didn't even mean to buy them?

Let's be real here - you wanted to buy them, and now that you found out you made a poor choice in gifts, because the recipient already has them, you want to find a free way to return them to the sender.

This is no fault of Canada Post or the company that you purchased them from, so why should they have to pay for your poor judgement? Take some responsibility.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5728 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK is today's winner in the "how to be Moral" sweepstakes :)

and I agree with him :)
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13247 posts
7353 upvotes
Toronto
trevork wrote: why would you change your story now? Your first post indicated you didn't want the blu ray's because the recipients of your gift already had them. Now you're saying that you didn't even mean to buy them?

Let's be real here - you wanted to buy them, and now that you found out you made a poor choice in gifts, because the recipient already has them, you want to find a free way to return them to the sender.

This is no fault of canada post or the company that you purchased them from, so why should they have to pay for your poor judgement? Take some responsibility.
+1
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2029 upvotes
Nowhere
I pre-ordered a game from Amazon. On the release date, it said it would be shipping in another week which to me defeated the purpose of pre-ordering. Since I didn't want to wait, I went out and bought it in the store and told Amazon to cancel my order. Amazon said they would cancel but later said it was in the shipping process so it was too late. They advised me to refuse the package when it came or if it was left at the door to take it back to the post office and refuse it. The package was left at the door so I took it to the post office. I was skeptical that I could just refuse it and send it back without paying so I explained to the clerk what Amazon told me and they took it back.