Regular SIM card cheap phone

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2019 6:07 am
[OP]
Nov 16, 2018
33 posts
5 upvotes

Regular SIM card cheap phone

I’m looking for a cell phone that would support a regular SIM card . Please suggest .

Most of the phones I have checked either have micro or nano sim. I have an old international sim which doesn’t have edges to pop out the nano sim. I need to use a sim cutter and I’m afraid that might damage the sim.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6197 posts
2559 upvotes
Alberta
I had a T-Mobile micro sim that I used in my iPhone 4S. I just bought a T-Mobile tri-sim for under $10 and transferred the number over to use in my S8.
Oct 1, 2009
379 posts
135 upvotes
West coast
ahhh...just cut it
Last edited by titaniumtux on Apr 18th, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate
Banned
Apr 9, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Figure out the borders and cut it. Don't worry. It's not that difficult.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1472 posts
631 upvotes
Calgary
You aren't likely to find any phone sold in the past several years with a full-size sim card slot.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1431 posts
620 upvotes
OP your better off upgrading your sim card to the tri-sim, rather than getting a cheap regular sim phone.
Much more cost effective & future proof. (til esim becomes the norm)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16687 posts
6539 upvotes
Oakville
jay-em wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:20 am
OP your better off upgrading your sim card to the tri-sim, rather than getting a cheap regular sim phone.
Much more cost effective & future proof. (til esim becomes the norm)
They mentioned an international sim, so simply upgrading the sim may not be super convenient..

Don't phone repair places often offer service to cut the sim for you, as well?

But, if you *really* are afraid of cutting it and really wanna stick with your regular sim, you can go to this page and search for phones with that sim size (you can also specify network compatibility, etc): https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?sSIMTypes=1

I've already pre-populated the sim card selection, but you'll probably want to populate the network selections yourself depending on the carrier.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8728 posts
1817 upvotes
London
Jzking wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:49 pm
I’m looking for a cell phone that would support a regular SIM card . Please suggest .

Most of the phones I have checked either have micro or nano sim. I have an old international sim which doesn’t have edges to pop out the nano sim. I need to use a sim cutter and I’m afraid that might damage the sim.
My experience with cutting. Regular to micro for my G3, works even if the cut is smaller. Regular to nano for HTC M8, have to be very careful, if too small, the sim holder will not be able to hold the sim. You should be fine with cutting to micro if the phone sim slot is similar to the LG G3 or G4.
[OP]
Nov 16, 2018
33 posts
5 upvotes
Thank you everyone. I'll go through the gsmarena link.
Since its an international sim I can't take the risk of cutting it and losing connectivity.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11784 posts
1473 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Devhux wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:14 am
You aren't likely to find any phone sold in the past several years with a full-size sim card slot.
FYI, they're actually mini SIMs. Full size is the whole "credit card". And yes, your statement is technically correct :) .
Dec 4, 2017
386 posts
145 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 6:37 am
FYI, they're actually mini SIMs. Full size is the whole "credit card". And yes, your statement is technically correct :) .
It's true! The reason why the terminology in modern marketting material varies is that no one recognises the term "Mini-SIM". Mini-SIM replaced the original credit-card size so quickly in the early days of GSM that the public never got to know.

http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/ ... comparison
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11784 posts
1473 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Should have stuck with Mini. Leave it Fruity to F things up. The space savings between Mini and Nano is minimal. Mind you, Fruity thought nobody wanted big screens.