Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reigning Champ

Reigning Champ Archive Sale - Password is CLASSIC

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2021 1:02 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7520 posts
8278 upvotes
Vancouver
anthony9 wrote: Check out Jerico dot ca.

Made in Scarborough, Canada. They have a more upscale line of melange sweats. They are not loopwheel, but they aim for that while not having one of the few loopwheel machines left on Earth.

I believe they are around 40% the regular price of RC.
Hmm..

Image

Maybe not. Though only $32!

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2004
888 posts
186 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Is it much much much better than the $5 t shirt from old lady?
Actually it is, but if Old Navy is working for you great, they have a great product at a great price point… this deal isn’t for you.
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2018
801 posts
1221 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Hmm..

Image

Maybe not. Though only $32!

Ron.
Try a bit harder to find the name of the product I included in my post...
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Member
Dec 15, 2019
248 posts
255 upvotes
I'm just here for the comments every time a Reigning Champ sale is posted here.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2004
888 posts
186 upvotes
bnfenix wrote: I know it's subjective. But I prefer All Saints sweaters to RC based on quality. Similarly priced when bought at retail but you can get the sweaters usually for 40% off, more if you live near an outlet. I've had HM sweaters last just as long as RC. Not the same feel, but lasted just as long.

A sweater is a sweater. You can only do so much with cotton and thread. After a certain point you have diminishing returns and are just paying for the brand.
I mean it’s ok to have an opinion but this just isn’t true. All Saints is great, I love almost everything I’ve bought there, good fit, good quality but on the casual side RC quality is clearly better and H&M?!?! Come on… it’s decent seasonal clothing, but no chance it’s quality… sweaters specifically are thin and don’t hold shape or hold up after washing. Why do people have to crap on brands that cost more? RC only has 2 sales a year so it’s an opportunity to pick soMething up at a discount which is rare.
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2019
839 posts
629 upvotes
As much as I like RC, I am staying away from this sale. Good Variety, but the prices aren't great. You can get these prices from sales on other sites multiple times throughout the year.
To top it off, I would rather pay 25% more to get free shipping, free returns, and something I would absolutely buy to wear and not buy just because its on sale. Like someone said, its targetted towards RC fanboys. They had a Running jacket that I have seen at the sale price on multiple sites before, but RC is offering the older version of the jacket and it still sold out.
Member
Mar 17, 2021
414 posts
708 upvotes
Reigning Champ is overpriced. Quality of the clothing is good but it still doesn't justify the price.

You're paying more for the fact it is NA-made (pay workers higher wages) more than the quality. You can get much higher quality at similar price points or similar quality stuff made abroad for cheaper.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7520 posts
8278 upvotes
Vancouver
LittleHamza wrote: this seems very over price for a no brand...
A no brand? LOL

Reigning Champ is sold at some of the best stores in the world. Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks, Selfridges, Harrods, etc.

Ron.
Last edited by newfbc on Sep 28th, 2021 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Member
Feb 21, 2013
292 posts
278 upvotes
GTA
bnfenix wrote: I know it's subjective. But I prefer All Saints sweaters to RC based on quality. Similarly priced when bought at retail but you can get the sweaters usually for 40% off, more if you live near an outlet. I've had HM sweaters last just as long as RC. Not the same feel, but lasted just as long.

A sweater is a sweater. You can only do so much with cotton and thread. After a certain point you have diminishing returns and are just paying for the brand.
As someone that's been purchasing CYC (W+H and RC) stuff for a long time, I think it's kind of silly that people will say RC stuff will last significantly longer. It will certainly last longer than bottom shelf items but you're right - although I will argue that design/construction can also help the longevity.

IMO the main reasons are to support Canadian business, have a decent looking wardrobe while doing so, and (increasingly more important) not supporting the fast fashion industry. I'm much more willing to repair and less willing to throw away/"donate" my clothes because I spend more on each item.

You're certainly paying a premium to do these things, but just like with well-sourced meat and I imagine other things, there is a premium for doing things right, not doing things for the purposes of scale and the mass market.

edit: That all being said, this sale sucks. Prices seem decent but barely any stock in sizes for me.
Member
Sep 29, 2014
375 posts
490 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Toronto Gamblers wrote: I mean it’s ok to have an opinion but this just isn’t true. All Saints is great, I love almost everything I’ve bought there, good fit, good quality but on the casual side RC quality is clearly better and H&M?!?! Come on… it’s decent seasonal clothing, but no chance it’s quality… sweaters specifically are thin and don’t hold shape or hold up after washing. Why do people have to crap on brands that cost more? RC only has 2 sales a year so it’s an opportunity to pick soMething up at a discount which is rare.
No one is crapping on the brand. Just pointing out that RC isn't a brand with recognition. There's cheaper alternative with the same quality and fit. There's significantly cheaper brands that have the same longevity of their product. RC isn't a fashion house, and it has no prestige with their brand.
Member
Jan 6, 2011
439 posts
642 upvotes
toronto
bnfenix wrote: No one is crapping on the brand. Just pointing out that RC isn't a brand with recognition. There's cheaper alternative with the same quality and fit. There's significantly cheaper brands that have the same longevity of their product. RC isn't a fashion house, and it has no prestige with their brand.
lol obviously people are not getting it for "longetivity", what the hell..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 24, 2017
6557 posts
5268 upvotes
newfbc wrote: A no brand? LOL

Reigning Champ is sold at some of the best stores in the world. Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Saks, Selfridges, Harrods, etc.

Ron.
It is a no name brand because it is not recognized by many people..... In fact, you can find much lower-priced apparel but with similar quality in brands like American Eagle and Hollister.
RC is way overpriced and unnecessary.
Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Jr. Member
Dec 30, 2005
146 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
I agree RC is overpriced, in that you're paying hypebeast pricing.

But the quality is nowhere in the ballpark of an AE or Hollister. If you want a mall brand comparable it's likely closer to a Lululemon.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 11, 2007
131 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
bnfenix wrote: Just pointing out that RC isn't a brand with recognition. There's cheaper alternative with the same quality and fit. There's significantly cheaper brands that have the same longevity of their product. RC isn't a fashion house, and it has no prestige with their brand.
I disagree with every sentence here, and so do plenty of others. Better fabric, better stitching, better cuffs and collars. My crew neck sweater from them hasn't shrunken an inch, despite over 50 washes and dryer use, and the collar and cuffs are just as good as day one. This is my most worn piece.

Even the "not a fashion house" thing isn't completely right. Before going to market with their own brands, CYC mostly manufactured items for luxury houses & high end labels like Balmain and Supreme. Imagine trying to buy a Balmain hoodie for $85!
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2018
801 posts
1221 upvotes
EdisonL299 wrote: It is a no name brand because it is not recognized by many people..... In fact, you can find much lower-priced apparel but with similar quality in brands like American Eagle and Hollister.
RC is way overpriced and unnecessary.
I would argue that AE and RC are in different quality tiers, though perhaps not to the level that the prices belie. RC has certain things that AE does not like flatlock stitching, side panels, and thicker fabric if one wants it. Again the prices are higher, and whether or not that price increase is worth it, is a personal preference.

Some people may think buying a Lexus is imprudent compared to a similarly sized Toyota. The former is definitely of higher quality, but for many, that quality (and other stuff) may not be worth it to the person buying a car. Of course to others, they may feel the price premium is worth it. Yes, these are basic truisms that don't go beyond the obvious, but I think it may help those who are unfamiliar in some of the things that make garments more expensive to produce.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 11, 2007
131 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
EdisonL299 wrote: It is a no name brand because it is not recognized by many people..... In fact, you can find much lower-priced apparel but with similar quality in brands like American Eagle and Hollister.
RC is way overpriced and unnecessary.
Ha! If you think this is the same quality as American Eagle and Hollister, you must not have "attention to detail" on your resume.

Flatlock seams, knit rib cuffs and collar, doesn't change shape in the washer/dryer, extra long cotton, doesn't pill or wear out.

If you don't want to pay $100 for a crewneck sweater, that's fine. But don't pretend this is the same as a Bangladesh factory made fast fashion piece.
Newbie
Jan 8, 2015
75 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto, ON
As someone that wears XS, I usually dig these sales because let's face it; many stores that carry the RC clothing brand never stocks on any XS size. In a way, being XS and wearing XS implies paying more since it's not widely available during other sales at stores. For the price, I don't mind because it's hard to find something that fits my size perfectly.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)