86 posts
79 upvotes

Reigning Champ - 20% Off

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Retailer:
Reigning Champ
Use Code BIZ20 for 20% off at Reigning Champ.

High quality Canadian made clothing for those willing to put out the money. Not as good as the Nordstrom deals a few months back, but a nice deal for anyone looking for Reigning Champ clothing.
Last edited by Slapshot34 on Jul 19th, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45 replies
Nov 23, 2015
101 posts
237 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
$80 t-shirts, $42 water bottles, $120 sweat shorts. Ouch.

But hey you get a free mask mask with purchase over $50.
Feb 22, 2007
237 posts
339 upvotes
New Westminster
Lifesaver69 wrote: $80 t-shirts, $42 water bottles, $120 sweat shorts. Ouch.

But hey you get a free mask mask with purchase over $50.
This is the problem. People want it all. If you want to support Canadian jobs and ethically-sourced consumer goods, this is the price you pay. If you want cheap, don't be surprised if your stuff was made in a sweatshop somewhere.
Mar 14, 2018
37 posts
25 upvotes
Nah, they are a niche brand, sort of hype beast...but not quite there yet. I have a few pieces from them, their sweats quality are worth the full price couple years back before they jacked up their prices. Now, I wouldnt buy them full price.
Jan 8, 2014
566 posts
592 upvotes
Toronto
Use the Canadian link for this: https://ca.reigningchamp.com/

You can't check out and buy anything for Canada if you use the US link
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2990 posts
1000 upvotes
Toronto
Masks are sold out :( but good deal regardless.
Jan 28, 2013
320 posts
325 upvotes
Vancouver
In my opinion (and as fas as I know) the cheapest, highest quality, made in Canada basic tees is Naked and Famous: https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/design ... =price-asc

Even at $40 regular price it’s definitely worth it.

Keep in mind these are very thick and heavy compared to cheap Old Navy ones. As such, if it’s +20°C and sunny out, I wouldn’t recommend wearing it. Otherwise it’s amazing to layer in the fall or wear on cooler days.

Edit: please pay attention to the size guide. The difference between a Small and Medium is quite substantial. Unlike some brands where you can get away with sizing up or down.
Banned
Jan 31, 2020
188 posts
340 upvotes
slicky803 wrote: This is the problem. People want it all. If you want to support Canadian jobs and ethically-sourced consumer goods, this is the price you pay. If you want cheap, don't be surprised if your stuff was made in a sweatshop somewhere.
Rather spend significantly less on clothing and use those savings towards investments, discretionary spending (i.e., excursions, entertainment) and/or charitable contributions.

The markup is ridiculous on this clothing. Not a hot deal IMHO.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Jun 4, 2019
125 posts
179 upvotes
kerokd wrote: Nah, they are a niche brand, sort of hype beast...but not quite there yet. I have a few pieces from them, their sweats quality are worth the full price couple years back before they jacked up their prices. Now, I wouldnt buy them full price.
Ive been buying RC clothes for 7 years. They haven’t jacked up prices much at all.
As for hype beast? It’s quality minimalist clothing, not sure it’s trying to be “hype” clothing. There just the casual/athletic line of wings and horns brand.
Just great Canadian and quality company!
Jun 4, 2019
125 posts
179 upvotes
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Rather spend significantly less on clothing and use those savings towards investments, discretionary spending (i.e., excursions, entertainment) and/or charitable contributions.

The markup is ridiculous on this clothing. Not a hot deal IMHO.
Don’t knock it till you’ve owned. You’ll have to buy three twenty dollar shirts to last as long as there’s will. Quality products that last. It’s not overpriced.
But to each there own.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1173 posts
411 upvotes
I have a pair of Reigning Champ sweat shorts, and a couple T-shirts. Although they’re comfy, I don’t really see where they get off charging what they do. Sweat shorts are sweat shorts and I’ve spent $20 on others that are just as comfy and lasted years.
Pretty sure it’s all about name brand recognition with them as material or quality doesn’t really WOW me.
Last edited by RobbieG on Jul 19th, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2016
337 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
I dont know man, I borrowed my friend's sweatpants during a night camping and they were that brand. I didnt really see any difference than my $20 (on sale) sweatpants from Uniqlo.

Cold deal and overpriced.
Dec 26, 2012
633 posts
566 upvotes
Hamilton
quality materials and made in Canada. good stuff. People that want to continue to support cheap brands and spend $20 on sweats, feel free to move along. it's not for everyone.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1173 posts
411 upvotes
Cowboy905 wrote: quality materials and made in Canada. good stuff. People that want to continue to support cheap brands and spend $20 on sweats, feel free to move along. it's not for everyone.
I support high-end brands that warrant the cost. Rag & Bone for example uses quality materials you can feel, and the workmanship is visibly robust. I don't see any of that with RC.... they feel like regular sweats.
Sep 13, 2006
129 posts
95 upvotes
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: The markup is ridiculous on this clothing.
Having managed production for a different made in Canada menswear collection, I promise you that it's not.
Sep 13, 2006
129 posts
95 upvotes
RobbieG wrote: Although they’re comfy, I don’t really see where they get off charging what they do.
The fabric and final product are all made in Canada and the office staff is Canadian as well. That comes at a price.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2009
1163 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
Wings and Horns, which is made by the same company (CYC Clotihng) is having a better sale IMO. Their stuff is a bit simpler. And yes, it's worth the price. Not only is it ethically and locally produced, but the quality is through the roof. Very soft cotton that is also extremely durable. I have clothing items from them that are a decade old with no wear or stretch.

Be careful, this stuff is final sale. I'd also say it all fits a bit large:

https://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/sale
Feb 22, 2007
237 posts
339 upvotes
New Westminster
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Rather spend significantly less on clothing and use those savings towards investments, discretionary spending (i.e., excursions, entertainment) and/or charitable contributions.
I don't doubt you do. I don't want to spend $50+ on a t-shirt either. But every step along the supply chain there is someone is doing a job to supply you with that shirt. If you choose to spend significantly less on clothing, so be it. But you can't do that and be enraged at sweat shops, slavery, corporations cutting corners, etc. either. I don't mean to sound condescending, but as consumers we all have the power to choose where we spend our dollars. And how those dollars are spent dictates the demand for how cheaply/ethically ambiguous those products are manufactured.
Dec 20, 2018
741 posts
1133 upvotes
I like reigning champ, but the amount of sensitivity to people calling them expensive (they are) seems to be embarrassing.

Their prices have gone up significantly in the last decade.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)