Expired Hot Deals

[Reigning Champ] Second String Program "B Grade" Sale - 3 for 1 sale (6/17 to 6/19 + Early Access)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2021 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7033 posts
4359 upvotes

Second String Program "B Grade" Sale - 3 for 1 sale (6/17 to 6/19 + Early Access)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 19, 2021
Retailer:
Reigning Champ

Per their site:

The Second String Program, a special 48-hour event created to divert 10,000 pieces of B-grade deadstock and factory seconds from our waste stream.

Starting June 17th, shop 3-pack Tees, Tops, or Bottoms for the price of one, in a mystery bundle of slightly flawed but perfectly wearable athletic wear from the Reigning Champ archive.

3 types of mystery bags, each with 3 pieces of clothing:

• $75 - 3 x T-Shirts (i.e., tees, long-sleeve tees, polos, and tank tops)
  • $165 - 3 x Tops (i.e., hoodies, heavy sweatshirts, vests, and zip pullovers)
  • $135 - 3 x Bottoms (i.e., sweatpants and shorts)

Each mystery bundle should be sorted by Men's Sizes; Reigning Champ say on their Insta there will also be limited Womens' Sizes.

Sale starts 6/17; early access with email signup (linked)
Last edited by Madchester on Jun 14th, 2021 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
152 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
Never heard of the brand but will make a purchase of some shorts for bumming around.

Hope this catches on with more brands
Oct 21, 2016
222 posts
718 upvotes
I am confused, so paying $75 for 3 b graded t shirts is a good deal? Otherwise they will throw them away? They are doing us a favor for selling 3 inferior products at a "discount"?
Feb 13, 2008
411 posts
242 upvotes
Hamilton
Pricing seems a bit insane?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7033 posts
4359 upvotes
yeah723 wrote: I am confused, so paying $75 for 3 b graded t shirts is a good deal? Otherwise they will throw them away? They are doing us a favor for selling 3 inferior products at a "discount"?
See previous RFD threads on Reigning Champ sales:

2020 Archive sale (+35 upvotes) : reigning-champ-reigning-champ-early-acc ... e-2405740/

2020 20% off sale (+12 upvotes); reigning-champ-reigning-champ-20-off-2390514/

2020 40% off RC @ Nordstrom (+20 upvotes): nordstrom-nordstrom-canada-reigning-cha ... f-2364260/

If you review my post history, I post threads for sales, even for brands that are not my usual cup of tea. (I'm not a snowboarder and decided to post the Burton sale thread with +13 upvotes: burton-burton-snowboard-summer-sale-jul ... f-2470733/)

I've personally never purchased anything from RC, but I remembered previous threads were popular so I decided to share it. It just popped up on my Insta ads; did some cross research for 20 mins and realized the Frugalmalefashion subreddit was excited for this sale and thought RFD would think the same, since there's some overlap in their demos.

That's pretty much it, sorry I offended you. Neutral Face (the emoji's a joke, but I actually research a brand/item before deciding if it's worth a post/share on RFD; hope you'd do the same on an unfamiliar brand prior to posting in the future. Winking Face)
Last edited by Madchester on Jun 13th, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2960 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for sharing.

Might take a gamble on RC bottoms. $45 dollars for a well constructed sweats is a steal.

You can tell by the feel of the fabric alone the difference between RC and stuff you find in the mall. The price difference depends on the person.
Jan 21, 2021
76 posts
95 upvotes
Reigning champ is real high quality stuff. Doesn’t fade or fall apart even after years of wear. Fits really well, especially if you like a slimmer fit. I have about 30 different items. They stand behind and replace items if there are any issues. Made in Canada. Their grade “B” items are probably better than grade A from other brands.

The most this brand ever goes on sale is 25-40% and on some items, never the basics. This is a fantastic deal at 3 for 1.

In fact, I came on here to post it but OP beat me to it.
Sep 26, 2013
276 posts
548 upvotes
Neezy99 wrote: Reigning champ is real high quality stuff. Doesn’t fade or fall apart even after years of wear. Fits really well, especially if you like a slimmer fit. I have about 30 different items. They stand behind and replace items if there are any issues. Made in Canada. Their grade “B” items are probably better than grade A from other brands.

The most this brand ever goes on sale is 25-40% and on some items, never the basics. This is a fantastic deal at 3 for 1.

In fact, I came on here to post it but OP beat me to it.
I've never heard about this brand. That's beside the point. LIke previous post points out though, i for one don't understand this concept they are pushing. they are doing the sale as a "for the better good" kinda of thing to sell us b graded t shirts? I mean sure it's a good deal, but i don't like their idea of “you save the earth by buying our stuff” attitude. If they want to "save the earth" then don't throw them away, donate them or something.
Thanks OP for posting though :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2007
1489 posts
518 upvotes
I am guessing B-Grade means the same stuff you would find at their sample sale.
Jan 21, 2021
76 posts
95 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: I've never heard about this brand. That's beside the point. LIke previous post points out though, i for one don't understand this concept they are pushing. they are doing the sale as a "for the better good" kinda of thing to sell us b graded t shirts? I mean sure it's a good deal, but i don't like their idea of “you save the earth by buying our stuff” attitude. If they want to "save the earth" then don't throw them away, donate them or something.
Thanks OP for posting though :)
That’s a fair point. RC has really high quality standards, so I’m speculating, but I think this is one of those companies that doesn’t sell defective product, but rather, destroys them. They have a huge following so believe me, 3 for 1 to fans like me is somewhat of a favour, as ridiculous as that may seem.

There’s also a profit motive obviously- appearing to “do good”, breaking even or making a little on the products, and perhaps giving people an entry point to the brand.
Sep 2, 2007
445 posts
155 upvotes
Quality aside of course it's going to be more expensive - RC is manufactured in Vancouver.
A garment worker in Bangladesh gets about $100 US a month if Google is accurate.
Jan 1, 2016
197 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
OK, price aside, I am not sure if they had to be so authoritarian about this. First, you get absolutely no say in colour, which is kind of important for clothing.
Even worse, you don't know what you are getting. What if I only want pants and get 3 pairs of shorts? Some people won't wear tank tops. Will they gamble knowing they could get 3 tank tops?

It almost feels like having to pay to line up at the food bank.
Aug 17, 2006
55 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
lol plese. this is a luxury item, not an essential like getting food. there's still the option to pay full price to pick the item you want.

mystery grab bags at a discount are pretty common.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2415 posts
954 upvotes
yeaa I can’t believe so much whining over loot bag items. price i get, this is RFD after all. but mystery seem fine to me.
PSN: Sakaban
Jan 20, 2018
138 posts
194 upvotes
If you don’t “get it” then maybe the deal just ain’t for you eh?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1622 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
Lol if you don't know reigning champ and aren't interested in their product then just step away and don't buy. Why are you complaining about their pricing and sale structure.

I swear redflagdeals loves purchasing ish that they have no need for as long as it's a "deal". Then complain about stuff that they know nothing about when it doesn't fit their idea of a "deal".
Last edited by Firebolt on Jun 13th, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 10, 2017
78 posts
153 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone ever bought B grade from RC that can comment on what typical makes it B grade?

I've been buying their stuff on sales at Nordstrom, Altitude fand occasionally their site for a couple years but never saw an opportunity at B grade.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2861 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal. I hope they list what colors are in the bag. Would hate to buy the shorts package and end up with the neon colorways they recently had.
Nov 23, 2018
865 posts
302 upvotes
Markham ON
yeah723 wrote: I am confused, so paying $75 for 3 b graded t shirts is a good deal? Otherwise they will throw them away? They are doing us a favor for selling 3 inferior products at a "discount"?
Hell no, **** that sh*t. I'm going to costco
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 15th, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't bypass swear filter
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2124 posts
2741 upvotes
GTA
A sale is nice, but the “doing well by doing good” attitude of RC leaves a lot to be desired. Selling for 1/3 of retail is generally still way above cost.
That and how do they have 10k pieces of B-stock? Are their sewers that bad? Seems like a rather high reject rate.

I’d upvote if it was more of a “hey we just want to sell off seconds/B” vs. “buy our B stuff so we make money and you save the planet”.