• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2019 9:44 am
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London

Relaible Shipping Method From Amazon US to Canada

I have read so many threads about it here.Seems there is more suggestions,but not reliable %100 statistics.

Looking for cheapest,not fastest which is probably expensive,but reliable way to buy from US Amazon that ships to door in Canada.

Any thoughts?
26 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19946 posts
4534 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
1. Read the item listing very carefully.
2. If it's sold by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon, you can be 100% sure that all costs are included up front with no fees at the door.
3. If it ships from some other company, you may or may not get fees at the door.

Amazon's policy is that other companies have to include everything upfront with no COD fees, however, there are thousands of 3rd party sellers and you can't be sure if they are doing it properly.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
Well,thanks.But my question was another issue.I want to purchase for something that is not shipped to Canada via Amazon.com.What third party reliable shipping companies(Mostly online)ship from US to Canada(Up to the door)?

Simply put,I'm looking for package forwarding service.

I have read through this forum threads that there are companies that do it,but I need the most reliable,not expensive one.

Mentioned companies in the forum threads are:

-borderlinx
-crossborderpickups(Doesn't ship to door)
-crossbordershopping.ca
-mymallbox
-reship.com
-shipllama.com
-shop.borderfree.com
-reship usa
-shipito
-gamesforcanada.com
-myus.com
-eShipper
Last edited by esfandiyar2002 on Sep 7th, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5981 posts
414 upvotes
Calgary
shipito is ok about $5-8 usd to reship to canada via bulk airmail/canada post
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
By reading this forum thread and reddit's,I believe these are reliable:

-reship
-shipito
-shipllama
-mymallbox
Jan 17, 2013
661 posts
260 upvotes
Found another one Bongo which is now FedEx CrossBorder. No idea if they are good, etc.
Jan 17, 2013
661 posts
260 upvotes
Can they reship cellphones to Canada? Walmart.com/BestBuy.com has some unlocked cellphones not sold in the Canadian stores.

How do they package the box? Say the item is from Amazon, Amazon put the "original" box which the product is in, into a brown Amazon box. Do the reshippers open the Amazon box, discard the Amazon box and put the "original" box in the reshipper's box? Or do the reshipper put the Amazon's box into their own box?
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
stack21 wrote: Can they reship cellphones to Canada? Walmart.com/BestBuy.com has some unlocked cellphones not sold in the Canadian stores.
Sure they can.I recall on December 2015, someone in this forum ordered Blu one x from Amazon.com via mymallbox and he received it without pain and suffer.
stack21 wrote:
How do they package the box? Say the item is from Amazon, Amazon put the "original" box which the product is in, into a brown Amazon box. Do the reshippers open the Amazon box, discard the Amazon box and put the "original" box in the reshipper's box? Or do the reshipper put the Amazon's box into their own box?
That depends.I know from my previous example that mymallbox opened the Amazon box in their warehouse and put the cellphone in the smaller one,as per customer's request.I am not sure other reshippers may do so,or mymallbox still does it.
Jan 17, 2013
661 posts
260 upvotes
esfandiyar2002 wrote:
stack21 wrote: Can they reship cellphones to Canada? Walmart.com/BestBuy.com has some unlocked cellphones not sold in the Canadian stores.
Sure they can.I recall on December 2015, someone in this forum ordered Blu one x from Amazon.com via mymallbox and he received it without pain and suffer.
stack21 wrote:
That depends.I know from my previous example that mymallbox opened the Amazon box in their warehouse and put the cellphone in the smaller one,as per customer's request.I am not sure other reshippers may do so,or mymallbox still does it.
I wasn't sure if they can ship an item with a battery, looks like it is not an issue.

No problems if the merchandise is in a sealed box, may not be a big deal if mymallbox opened the Amazon box, take out and put the sealed merchandise box in their own box. Concern is if it is a merchandise without a box or unsealed box and there is a damage to the item, it is unclear that if the damage originated from Amazon or mymallbox.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
stack21 wrote: Concern is if it is a merchandise without a box or unsealed box and there is a damage to the item, it is unclear that if the damage originated from Amazon or mymallbox.
Either cases,you can return back the item to the seller easily if you purchase your item from Amazon(Either states or Canada).Problem starts when you purchase your item from somewhere else that needs you to pay for shipping back and/or they may ask for restocking fee.Amazon is mostly a safe place to trade.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1904 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
Buy from USA is easy but it's big headache if you want return or swap
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12826 posts
2169 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Jucius Maximus wrote: Amazon's policy is that other companies have to include everything upfront with no COD fees, however, there are thousands of 3rd party sellers and you can't be sure if they are doing it properly.
I know it applies if you're in Canada ordering from Amazon.ca, but would it also apply when somebody in Canada orders from Amazon.com?
[OP]
Feb 16, 2014
730 posts
164 upvotes
London
rabbit wrote: I know it applies if you're in Canada ordering from Amazon.ca, but would it also apply when somebody in Canada orders from Amazon.com?
I have ordered some porcelain stuff from Amazon.com and when I decided to return one of them,it worked like what Amazon.ca does. I printed out the sticker and easily returned it.I am not sure of other stuff,but it worked for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1544 posts
275 upvotes
using all the different shipping calculators on these sites, I find crossborderpickups to be least in charges (at least for GTA).
Jan 30, 2016
381 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
busybe wrote: using all the different shipping calculators on these sites, I find crossborderpickups to be least in charges (at least for GTA).
$20 for a tiny box to ontario T_T
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1544 posts
275 upvotes
Aah, I see. I paid the same for a big box 36lb. To my knowledge it works on weight. Paid $20 for shipping + taxes. It is worth it if you have huge difference in cost over here in Canada. The item I bought could have costed me roughly $500 more here..
johntitor2036 wrote:
busybe wrote: using all the different shipping calculators on these sites, I find crossborderpickups to be least in charges (at least for GTA).
$20 for a tiny box to ontario T_T
Apr 25, 2011
281 posts
102 upvotes
I've been using MyMallbox for a couple years and have had zero issues.
Apr 23, 2017
3 posts
If you're looking for the cheapest, I advise you to try viabox. They offer the cheapest shipping rates by a long shot. I hope that this helps.