Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Relaxacare

Massage Chairs - $899.99+

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2020 4:05 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
Jason wouldn’t budge on his pricing, maybe he’s good for Ontario only.

Also, does the Mc-2000 reset position after the allotted time? How is the neck and upper back massage like? How far up the neck would it reach for shorter people?

Also, there are absolutely no reliable reviews on these chairs online. Costco.com had the only reviews and they are removed cause it’s not in stock on the website currently. Everything seems like a glorified ad everywhere else.

However you see lots of user reviews on other brands like Osaki, ogawa, etc etc
Last edited by refraxion on Apr 25th, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jan 31, 2020
188 posts
342 upvotes
Hawk25 wrote: If only insurance would pay for a chair instead of an RMT. Wouldn't be as effective but infinitely more convenient
Agreed. Insurers should allow customers to do business case proposals to control costs. I get unlimited massages through my plan.

If they paid for the chair I would forfeit my right to access unlimited massages through my health benefits.
"I go for the jugular" - Kobe Bryant
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
12 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
MAMBAMENTALITY wrote: Agreed. Insurers should allow customers to do business case proposals to control costs. I get unlimited massages through my plan.

If they paid for the chair I would forfeit my right to access unlimited massages through my health benefits.
Chairs are alright. Not comparable to a good RMT. Definitely miss having a regular massage during this time.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
First dislike for the mc2000. Rolling the chair on wood floor might scratch and crack the paint. This is because the inner edges of the plastic casters are sharp and the weight of the chair makes it worst. They should have filed the caster edge. I recommend wrap a few layers of hockey shin pad tape prior rolling. Not sure if the mc750 has the same issue since it is lighter.
Apr 24, 2010
62 posts
32 upvotes
Bought the MC750 in the last sale. We had some issues with FedEx but we had a great service from Jason to resolve the situation. Great chair for the price
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
rambokid wrote: First dislike for the mc2000. Rolling the chair on wood floor might scratch and crack the paint. This is because the inner edges of the plastic casters are sharp and the weight of the chair makes it worst. They should have filed the caster edge. I recommend wrap a few layers of hockey shin pad tape prior rolling. Not sure if the mc750 has the same issue since it is lighter.
Any chance you could take a picture of the problem area you are mentioning?

How is the massage itself? And does it make a lot of noise during operation?

How is the upper neck and upper back massage on this chair?
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
Upper neck/back is soso. It is better if you remove the padding part but doesnt really dig into the neck. I tried out a few different massage chairs when i went to Jasons "showroom", but even the rolls royce of massage chairs which was $6000 didnt have a better neck massage. I actually bought the is-3000 along with the mc-2000 because i wanted a very intense neck massage and i find it compliments it very well. I told Jason i was hoping for something more intense on the neck and he had one there for me to try. The is-3000 is good bc you can control the intensity by pulling harder or softer on the straps.
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
Upper neck/back is soso. It is better if you remove the padding part but doesnt really dig into the neck. I tried out a few different massage chairs when i went to Jasons "showroom", but even the rolls royce of massage chairs which was $6000 didnt have a better neck massage. I actually bought the is-3000 along with the mc-2000 because i wanted a very intense neck massage and i find it compliments it very well. I told Jason i was hoping for something more intense on the neck and he had one there for me to try. The is-3000 is good bc you can control the intensity by pulling harder or softer on the straps.
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
rambokid wrote: For the MC-2000 users, are you ok with the intensity or wish it to be stronger?
The back settings are not as strong on the auto settings. Try the "manual" settings and crank it to the highest intensity.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1275 posts
231 upvotes
Brampton
refraxion wrote: Jason wouldn’t budge on his pricing, maybe he’s good for Ontario only.

Also, does the Mc-2000 reset position after the allotted time? How is the neck and upper back massage like? How far up the neck would it reach for shorter people?

Also, there are absolutely no reliable reviews on these chairs online. Costco.com had the only reviews and they are removed cause it’s not in stock on the website currently. Everything seems like a glorified ad everywhere else.

However you see lots of user reviews on other brands like Osaki, ogawa, etc etc
I find the foot massage fairly intense, the back massage is perfect for me, but the neck massage is on the weak side imo. The chair is quiet imo, with the loudest noise being the air released from the pillows as they inflate and deflate. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with other chairs to be a good authority on comparing this to others. I will just say I am very happy, especially during this pandemic to use it for 20 minutes each day. I was originally drawn into buying one of these when I saw the boxing day pricing on the mc750 and when I saw that the 'showroom' (the owner's house) was around the corner from me (in Brampton). I ended up with the MC2000 because I had to try it out and Jason made an offer I couldn't refuse and this chair seems to be the sweet spot for features for the money. I was pretty nervous about such a huge purchase and what is a small seller (vs Costco) but it worked out well and I hope the guy's business makes it through this tough time.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
venice_it wrote: I find the foot massage fairly intense, the back massage is perfect for me, but the neck massage is on the weak side imo. The chair is quiet imo, with the loudest noise being the air released from the pillows as they inflate and deflate. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with other chairs to be a good authority on comparing this to others. I will just say I am very happy, especially during this pandemic to use it for 20 minutes each day. I was originally drawn into buying one of these when I saw the boxing day pricing on the mc750 and when I saw that the 'showroom' (the owner's house) was around the corner from me (in Brampton). I ended up with the MC2000 because I had to try it out and Jason made an offer I couldn't refuse and this chair seems to be the sweet spot for features for the money. I was pretty nervous about such a huge purchase and what is a small seller (vs Costco) but it worked out well and I hope the guy's business makes it through this tough time.
Honestly I don’t doubt him offering a good deal to people locally. His pricing just isn’t as competitive for out of city/province.

At the price he is offering for out of province (Ontario), I’ll have to wait for Costco to have a sale again instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
Notice this behavior after a few more sessions on the mc2000. It might have been like this before but I wasn't paying attention.

Step 1
I turn the chair ON from the remote on/off button, after the beep, there is continuous steady static noise from the right speaker, the left speaker is silent. This is with no massage activity, no other buttons are pressed other than the on/off button. The noise is audible when sitting on the chair.

Step 2
Enable Bluetooth with no device connected, BOTH speakers emit a hum and beep occasionally. The hum noise is probably from the 60hz AC power line, the beep probably looking for Bluetooth device.

Step 3
Disable Bluetooth. The right speaker either emits the hum, the static, silent. It is not repeatable. The left speaker is always silent.

The static noise seems to be a problem because it is only on the right speaker. The hum noise is acceptable since it goes away when playing music. The speaker wires are not shielded. Once the massage activity is active, I can't heard the static noise except during the occasional momentary quiet gaps since the static is now stuck in the mind lol

Anyone notice this?

As far as the sharp inner edge on the castors, just smooth them with sand paper. For demo chairs, this might already been done from rolling on concrete surface.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
refraxion wrote: Honestly I don’t doubt him offering a good deal to people locally. His pricing just isn’t as competitive for out of city/province.

At the price he is offering for out of province (Ontario), I’ll have to wait for Costco to have a sale again instead.
This is true because they deliver locally for free, other than gas and time. Someone has to pay shipping outside GTA. Jason said he is losing money on the mc750 demo due to the higher shipping cost, will need to increase the price soon.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2372 posts
469 upvotes
Edmonton
rambokid wrote: This is true because they deliver locally for free, other than gas and time. Someone has to pay shipping outside GTA. Jason said he is losing money on the mc750 demo due to the higher shipping cost, will need to increase the price soon.
Heh, I mean. A price increase just means less sales, but since he can offer good prices locally I guess he doesn’t care much about outside sales, which is fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1275 posts
231 upvotes
Brampton
rambokid wrote: Notice this behavior after a few more sessions on the mc2000. It might have been like this before but I wasn't paying attention.

Step 1
I turn the chair ON from the remote on/off button, after the beep, there is continuous steady static noise from the right speaker, the left speaker is silent. This is with no massage activity, no other buttons are pressed other than the on/off button. The noise is audible when sitting on the chair.

Step 2
Enable Bluetooth with no device connected, BOTH speakers emit a hum and beep occasionally. The hum noise is probably from the 60hz AC power line, the beep probably looking for Bluetooth device.

Step 3
Disable Bluetooth. The right speaker either emits the hum, the static, silent. It is not repeatable. The left speaker is always silent.

The static noise seems to be a problem because it is only on the right speaker. The hum noise is acceptable since it goes away when playing music. The speaker wires are not shielded. Once the massage activity is active, I can't heard the static noise except during the occasional momentary quiet gaps since the static is now stuck in the mind lol

Anyone notice this?

As far as the sharp inner edge on the castors, just smooth them with sand paper. For demo chairs, this might already been done from rolling on concrete surface.
My hearing isn't the best but I can hear a small 'pop' and a light static if the music note icon is showing on the display. I would have every reason to believe what you are saying. It isn't a big deal for me, but I do wish there was an input jack for the audio and better connectivity. I like the chair, but give the sound system low marks.
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
refraxion wrote: Heh, I mean. A price increase just means less sales, but since he can offer good prices locally I guess he doesn’t care much about outside sales, which is fine.
I've asked him how he offers "free shipping" out of province since these chairs are big and heavy - he says its a huge hit - for example, it costs $400-$500 to ship to Quebec. If he sells a chair for $900 and has to pay even $400 to ship it, that leaves $500 and that doesn't take into account the cost of the chair. I have no idea what his cost is, but lets say his cost is $450 and he has a 100% markup to $900 on the demos, if he has to pay $400 to ship, that would only leave him $50 in profit. That's why I think it is harder to get a better price if you are out of province. For that black Friday promo for the MC-750 for $750, he was losing money on sales out of province, but the only reason he was able to offer it so low was because his supplier had a big inventory of demos taking up space that they wanted out of there, so they were able to offer it to him at a lower cost just to move inventory.

Also, when he delivers locally (i.e. GTA), he can spread the cost of the shipping across multiple chairs. For example, if he rents a truck for $1000 to do deliveries and has 10 chairs to deliver, then it basically costs him (not including labour, etc), $100 a chair to deliver. But if he only has 3 chairs to deliver and has to rent the same truck, then its costing him $333 a chair to deliver.

Nowadays people are accustomed to "free shipping", especially from big companies. If he were to offer a chair and you pay for delivery based on where you live, people out of province probably wouldn't buy them if they had a $400 delivery tag. Also, if local, i'm sure you could probably negotiate price if you were able to pick it up and throw it in your car yourself.

When they delivered mine they came in a massive Uhaul truck and they were doing a bunch of deliveries that day. (GTA)
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1039 upvotes
rambokid wrote: Notice this behavior after a few more sessions on the mc2000. It might have been like this before but I wasn't paying attention.

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Anyone notice this?

I haven't noticed - but would never bother using the Bluetooth to begin with. I have it in front of the TV. I usually change the time limit from 20 mins to 30 mins and end up falling asleep in it).
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
I'm not using Bluetooth, don't care much about it, not using audio. Since I'm not using audio, there should be nothing from the speaker, but the right side has low static noise.
I just tried a USB stick music source, when paused, the static noise is on both speakers or just the left one, again, not consistent.
I don't hear the static at the back side of the speaker, only in front of the grill. So when sitted, it is next to the ear. Maybe my hearing is too sensitive lol.
I think the audio circuit is poorly designed, depending on the user's audible sensitivity, the static can be heard.