Reliable Family Car Suggestions
Who: Couple with 1 toddler now, and hopefully, another in a couple of years.
Where: Scarborough. Will be our first car in Canada so I realize insurance will be a PIA.
Why: Daily driver to and from work, probably 30-50km a day, or less. TBC, since currently looking for work! Plus leasure trips and exploring the area.
Budget: 12-15k, could go higher if absolutely worth it but trying not to.
- Wishlist (which I realize may be asking for too much in our budget but that's why it's called a wishlist):
- Safety first: Multiple airbags, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, backup camera etc.
- Reliable, low maintenance etc.
- Good mileage
- 2016 model or newer (as a non-car person, just thinking I shouldn't go for a car older than 4-5 years)
- Warranty and/or service history availability
- Nothing too large as my partner prefers "smaller cars". We thought Mazda CX-3 was good but may be a little too small. Hyundai Santa Fe is considered too big for her.
- Cruise control
- Heated steering wheel
Also, if anyone knows reliable mechanics in Scarborough who do detailed and honest inspections, please let me know their contact details and pricing.
Like I said, first time buying a car here, so need all the help I can get.
Suggestions are welcome, and if anyone is selling or planning to, please let me know!