Shopping Discussion

Reminder! Code of Practice: Scanner Price Accuracy

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 2:42 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8402 posts
2081 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: You got lucky, you’re only suppose to get the first one free and the rest at the posted price
They were different skus, PC rice crispy, and PC bran flakes
Sep 5, 2020
151 posts
86 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: They were different skus, PC rice crispy, and PC bran flakes
Sorry, thought you bought 2 boxes of the same product
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1822 posts
1273 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: I find at RCSS that they will send a checker to check. The checker would remove the tag and report back that there’s no tag that says that.
You can go with them... Go with them and it makes it easier to point out where you saw the "correct" price and they shouldn't be able to pull such a stunt like that.
Sep 5, 2020
151 posts
86 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: You can go with them... Go with them and it makes it easier to point out where you saw the "correct" price and they shouldn't be able to pull such a stunt like that.
Won’t work, they would phone the checker and the checker would phone back. In the days of yore, the checkers would be on rollerblades. Taking pictures of everything you buy is impractical. Just have to hope they’re honest.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1822 posts
1273 upvotes
JustMe000 wrote: Won’t work, they would phone the checker and the checker would phone back. In the days of yore, the checkers would be on rollerblades. Taking pictures of everything you buy is impractical. Just have to hope they’re honest.
If they don't physically come down first after being phoned, just go look for it yourself and try to meet the checker. I haven't encountered such a issue so far with SCOP... they usually will give it to be if I'm in the right...
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20666 posts
14492 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
JustMe000 wrote: I find at RCSS that they will send a checker to check. The checker would remove the tag and report back that there’s no tag that says that.
I would take a photo of the display with price tag. It's hard to argue with photographic evidence.

The only decision is whether to show it to the cashier before or after the checker comes back to say there's no tag :twisted:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4015 posts
285 upvotes
I am encountering stores not honoring the SCOP anymore and completely ignoring me or walk away. If they get a person to go check, they take the sale tag off and toss it saying there was no sale. It's not a random case, I am seeing this more and more. Hostility to the customer. I am sure they are overworked and I am never one to complain to them, I try to be as nice as possible. Could be something is going on and could be a sign of trouble ahead in retail.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Jul 13, 2008
19631 posts
4273 upvotes
GTA
I've always known about SCOP but never had an opportunity to use it until yesterday at Canadian Tire. The price at the cashier scanned in at $4.29 vs the $3.99 that was on the shelf. My partner and I walked back to the shelf to verify and took the paper tag to show the cashier who manually adjusted the price to $3.99. After I brought up SCOP, the cashier went to presumably talk to her manager. When she came back, she zeroed out the transaction for us. I didn't think it would be that simple considering some of the issues that have been brought up in this thread.