Renewing toddlers healthcard

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2021 8:31 pm
Apr 20, 2011
422 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto

Renewing toddlers healthcard

I am filling in my son's healthcard and i am not sure what are the values which goes in these fields (I am a canadian resident and he was born here too)

1. What should i put in *Health Number*: Or is it something which is filled by health canada
2. Child Birth Registration Number/Citizenship/Immigration: I see two fields are for this question. What number should i put in here. I got 2 birth certificates (one with parents name and one without parents). It has 2 numbers. Certificate No and there is a barcode at the bottom. Are these 2 values to put in? OR i got a birth certificate from hospital that says "Statement of Live Birth". It has a certificate number on top, should i put it?
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.08.00 PM.png
5 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Been a long time since I had to fill one of these for a kid …
But I do know quite a bit about Govt Forms so this would be my answer

You are doing a RENEWAL
And I assume this is for a REPLACEMENT Ontario OHIP Card

So fill the current # 1 field with his old Health Card # that has expired

Field # 2
They want the Birth Certificate Registration #
The LONG FORM … with both Parents Names on it

NOTE … the Service Ontario website has additional info
https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-card ... #section-0

They also have a long list of documents they accept to confirm identity (the field # 2 requirement)
As well as Province of Residency (documents you as a Parent may need to provide to establish your ID & Address )
https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-n ... ealth-card
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1898 posts
189 upvotes
FYI I sent in the renewal form a few weeks before my sons birthday (July) and I still haven't received the health card. I call them and they said due to covid, it would take 8-10 weeks to arrive, maybe even longer.
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
Questionz wrote: FYI I sent in the renewal form a few weeks before my sons birthday (July) and I still haven't received the health card. I call them and they said due to covid, it would take 8-10 weeks to arrive, maybe even longer.
Your old card is still valid until you receive the new one.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Questionz wrote: FYI I sent in the renewal form a few weeks before my sons birthday (July) and I still haven't received the health card. I call them and they said due to covid, it would take 8-10 weeks to arrive, maybe even longer.
Dynatos wrote: Your old card is still valid until you receive the new one.
This

No worries … we are still using Health Cards (OHIP ) that expired back in 2020
Without issue

It was just in the last month that OHIP said they are now open again for renewals

So your July forms … are at least sitting in the queue somewhere

Ours on the otherhand, we just are beginning the process

* NOTE - Many Govt Docs were given such auto extensions during Covid
In Ontario … drivers licenses, etc were also given leniency
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8555 posts
11768 upvotes
GTA
I went into MTO and renewed end of August, got mine in the mail 3 weeks later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)