Expired Hot Deals

[Reno Depot] DEWALT Impact Driver and Drill DCK283D2 $179 at Reno Depot

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 9:20 pm
Jan 10, 2011
414 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
Regular price is a bit bloated. It's being sold at HD regular price for $279.99. Still an amazing price though at $179.99
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
SunnyCao wrote: Sorry for my ignorance. how different is it Brushless vs normal? Please help me to understand :)
Basically the new Brushless motors in these tools will give you a tad longer run time and slightly cooler operation and more powerful/faster.
Pretty big deal for contractors who earn a living with their tools but for a regular DIYer you would probably won't find the same value.
But they have a lot more electronics which adds a layer of complexity.

Youtube Brushless vrs Brushed for more info.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4851 posts
1026 upvotes
London
fruzmatik wrote: PM at lowes for 10% less...
HD also has the brushless Hammer Drill/Driver with battery/charger for only $118.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1170925-en
What do you think is the better deal? I can’t see myself needing an impact driver, but the extra battery would be nice. Also the Home Depot battery is 3.0 Ah as opposed to two 2.0 Ah ones.
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Npno25 wrote: The kit includes the DCF887 and DCD791 which are both brushless
I've had this kit for a year and it's great. Love it!
Caution: for those who are HARD on they impact you may find your DCF887 overheating. this is known and common problem with the American version. I have been hard on mine but I haven't had this problem on my made in Mexico version- which doesn't seem to have this problem.
Just remember this is an Abusive test that pushes the tool to the limit.
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
spham wrote: What do you think is the better deal? I can’t see myself needing an impact driver, but the extra battery would be nice. Also the Home Depot battery is 3.0 Ah as opposed to two 2.0 Ah ones.
Have you ever used a impact to drive 2"+ screws?
Day and night compared to a standard drill.
In fact many contractors don't even use their drills with all the specialty 1/4" drill/spade/concrete bits for the impact. Personally I still like to have a drill. I'd say spend the extra $ and get get the Lowes Kit.
Dec 26, 2017
180 posts
105 upvotes
I have this kit as well, bought on amazon a couple years back for $238 which is as low as I’ve seen on it since. I bought a second kit since Home Depot was willing to price beat for $161.10 plus tax shipped. Great deal op! Thanks :)
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3601 posts
2147 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote: PM at lowes for 10% less...
HD also has the brushless Hammer Drill/Driver with battery/charger for only $118.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/dewalt ... 1170925-en
that's a hammer drill kit only

don't see anything in that kit about a driver included
Includes: (1) Hammer Drill, (1) 3.0 Ah Battery, (1) Charger, and (1) Contractor Bag
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2048 posts
1077 upvotes
Ottawa
chadw01 wrote: that's a hammer drill kit only

don't see anything in that kit about a driver included
Yes it is just the one tool...but its referred to as a "cordless compact hammer drill/driver"....
[OP]
Jan 13, 2015
16 posts
52 upvotes
Westmount, QC
They PM online item?. just call customer support to PM?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3601 posts
2147 upvotes
Toronto
fruzmatik wrote: Yes it is just the one tool...but its referred to as a "cordless compact hammer drill/driver"....
where is that referral?

I see "DEWALT 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless 1/2-inch Compact Hammer Drill with Battery, Charger and Bag"

nothing about a driver
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3601 posts
2147 upvotes
Toronto
SunnyCao wrote: They PM online item?. just call customer support to PM?
yes they will, but your odds of a PM are better if you buy it first from HD at regular price, then call them up

if they won't PM, just cancel the order

then the magic happens
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11567 posts
6093 upvotes
Brampton
For anyone deciding between Lowes and HD to PM. Forget Lowes. Just do it with Home Depot.

I called and chatted online with Lowes. Saying how Reno depot is online only in Ontario because the only store is in Aurora. Then I got the run around saying the item isn't instock because it said ship to store in 3-7 days. Waiting over 10 mins each time between chat and call too.

Called up HD got thru right away. HD said yep same model your total with 10% beat is $161+tax Have a good day.

Lowes can go to hell in my books now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7661 posts
1721 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Dewalt is a good brand for saw. But for drills, they don't outperform neither Milwaukee, mikita or even Bosch.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)