Expired Hot Deals

[Reno Depot] DEWALT Impact Driver and Drill DCK283D2 $179 at Reno Depot

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 9:20 pm
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
tebore wrote: Called up HD got thru right away. HD said yep same model your total with 10% beat is $161+tax Have a good day.
Wow. $173 would be a historic low for this this kit.
*Correction: $182*
Last edited by badger11 on May 23rd, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11559 posts
6087 upvotes
Brampton
badger11 wrote: Wow. $173 would be a historic low for this this kit.
How did you get 173?
161 (179.99*0.9) + tax is still 182
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4928 posts
943 upvotes
Montreal
L4cky wrote: Dewalt is a good brand for saw. But for drills, they don't outperform neither Milwaukee, mikita or even Bosch.
Could you please elaborate?
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
tebore wrote: How did you get 173?
161 (179.99*0.9) + tax is still 182
Stand corrected. Siri didn't use the right math .)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11559 posts
6087 upvotes
Brampton
badger11 wrote: Stand corrected. Siri didn't use the right math .)
Thought I missed out on more savings
Phew.

This set will do well to replace my 10 year NiCD DeWalt drill/impact set that's only starting to noticeably show signs of battery degradation.
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
You will love it. This kit also replaced my 14.4v NiCad.
NiCad batts can be rebuild rather easily and are stable but no so much with 18650s. Much less stable chemistry.
I did rebuilt my Dewalt 12v batteries and they are going strong.
Nov 27, 2016
219 posts
174 upvotes
m8x
tebore wrote: For anyone deciding between Lowes and HD to PM. Forget Lowes. Just do it with Home Depot.

I called and chatted online with Lowes. Saying how Reno depot is online only in Ontario because the only store is in Aurora. Then I got the run around saying the item isn't instock because it said ship to store in 3-7 days. Waiting over 10 mins each time between chat and call too.

Called up HD got thru right away. HD said yep same model your total with 10% beat is $161+tax Have a good day.

Lowes can go to hell in my books now.
Couldn't agree more. Lowes seems to want to win the award for "Most Obnoxious Company" for some reason. Home depot is far superior in matching and solving problems.

Sadly, they have bought Rona and I suspect they will convert all existing Rona stores to Lowes.

:(
Nov 27, 2016
219 posts
174 upvotes
m8x
badger11 wrote: You will love it. This kit also replaced my 14.4v NiCad.
NiCad batts can be rebuild rather easily and are stable but no so much with 18650s. Much less stable chemistry.
I did rebuilt my Dewalt 12v batteries and they are going strong.
How did you do this ? Did you use the over voltage method or replace the internal cells ?

Youtube link ?

:)
Sep 19, 2008
847 posts
748 upvotes
Calgary
is this impact driver powerful enough for tire swaps?
Oct 31, 2018
59 posts
105 upvotes
cbr600 wrote: is this impact driver powerful enough for tire swaps?
For car tire swap you need impact wrench driver 1/2”. Personally i wouldn’t want to wreck this impact driver for car tire. I just bought a cheapo impact wrench driver from crappy tire ( corded one) and it has been serving me really good for five years now.
Jun 21, 2017
285 posts
324 upvotes
Ontario
cbr600 wrote: is this impact driver powerful enough for tire swaps?
Yep, I use mine (same model) with a hex-to-1/2" socket adapter to swap wheels every season.

I recommend using a torque wrench to finish them off though as not to over-tighten them.
Nov 28, 2011
387 posts
472 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
echotango wrote: How did you do this ? Did you use the over voltage method or replace the internal cells ?
Youtube link ?:)
For my Dewalt. I replaced the cells with Tool Grade 18650. Don't try it unless you have a good understanding of the dangers of Lithium Ion batteries
This first video is mine. the 2nd is a very good step by step.

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11559 posts
6087 upvotes
Brampton
echotango wrote: How did you do this ? Did you use the over voltage method or replace the internal cells ?

Youtube link ?

:)
Replacing old NiCads is easy. Sourcing decent ones for a decent price is another story. I priced it out by the time I'm done rebuilding 2 packs I'm like $120 away from the cost of this set and I get 2 new brushless drill/impact vs my old brushed ones.

What I am going to do tho Is 3D print the Li-Ion to NiCad Adaptor so I can use these new batteries on my old drills.
echotango wrote: Couldn't agree more. Lowes seems to want to win the award for "Most Obnoxious Company" for some reason. Home depot is far superior in matching and solving problems.

Sadly, they have bought Rona and I suspect they will convert all existing Rona stores to Lowes.

:(
The ironic part I guess is because they own Rona they also own Reno Depot. Oh well this was like when BB would refused to PM FS and vice versa. Then't don't have the damn sale you idiots.
Last edited by tebore on May 23rd, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)