Hot Deals

Reno Depot

Kobalt Battery 80 V 2.5 Ah = 99$ (Reg : 159-199$)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2022 10:59 am
[OP]
Sep 1, 2018
139 posts
191 upvotes
Montreal

[Reno Depot] Kobalt Battery 80 V 2.5 Ah = 99$ (Reg : 159-199$)

Reno Depot has a Kobalt Battery 80 V 2.5 Ah for 99$. Seems to be 159$ at Lowes or 199$ at Rona.
It will also work with your Greenworks tools with modifications according to another RFD member.

Link : https://www.renodepot.com/en/kobalt-bat ... m-46835094

Seems to be pick-up in store only.

Specs from the website :

Up to 25% more runtime than the standard Kobalt 80-volt battery
Quickly charges in 40 minutes or less
Onboard LED fuel gauge to always know the remaining power
Compatible with the entire Kobalt 80 Volt max family of tools
3-year warranty

I personnally had enough with one battery for the trimmer and blower, but right now I have a massive amount of wood to cut and 1 battery wasn't enough. I can drain dead a 2Ah in under 10 min with big lugs.
Last edited by LaurentD88313 on Dec 8th, 2022 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Sep 8, 2021
69 posts
70 upvotes
MTL
OP please correct your statement. Kobalt & Greenworks batteries aren't directly interchangeable. They have the same look, made by the same mother company, but have different case grooves positions. You would need to do case modification to make it fit. There are plenty of DIY about it.

Overall 99$ is a hot for 2.5 Ah battery. But if you want to use in with Greenworks line up be ready for a challenge and to lose a your warranty. Clearance price only visible for a stores with the quantity in stock.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2018
139 posts
191 upvotes
Montreal
Greebo wrote: OP please correct your statement. Kobalt & Greenworks batteries aren't directly interchangeable. They have the same look, made by the same mother company, but have different case grooves positions. You would need to do case modification to make it fit. There are plenty of DIY about it.

Overall 99$ is a hot for 2.5 Ah battery. But if you want to use in with Greenworks line up be ready for a challenge and to lose a your warranty. Clearance price only visible for a stores with the quantity in stock.
Oh sorry about that, I didn't know that. It's weird because even on Greeworks own website they sell Kobalt batteries :

https://greenworkstools.ca/collections/ ... on-battery
Nov 22, 2017
196 posts
243 upvotes
LaurentD88313 wrote: Oh sorry about that, I didn't know that. It's weird because even on Greeworks own website they sell Kobalt batteries :

https://greenworkstools.ca/collections/ ... on-battery
Greenworks is the actual OEM manufacturer of Kobalt outdoor equipment. Most of the designs are pretty similar.
Those batteries should be sold as spare parts but not as individual items.
Jun 10, 2011
203 posts
74 upvotes
KIRKLAND
It has been that price for a couple months. I bought one at Reno Pointe Claire as an additional battery for my Kobalt Lawnmower which fits into my extra slot on the mower. It gives longer mowing time. Just note that the battery is holds a charge half of that came with mower (2.5 versus 5 Ah).
Nov 30, 2016
144 posts
145 upvotes
Prince Albert
Seems to be the same clearance price at Lowe's. But unavailable at most. Even then, when I was found a store with stock, it bumped the price back to regular.

Maybe someone will get lucky.
Dec 30, 2006
311 posts
298 upvotes
Oakville
I'm seeing $199 unfortunately, could have used this for snow blower!
deal dead?
[edit oops i see you said pickup only, nuts i'm in ontario near toronto]