Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reno Depot / Rona / Lowes

Clearance on Ego snowblowers - $899 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1147 posts
1156 upvotes
stevo88 wrote: You sure about that or was there hardly any stock to begin with
Was tons of stock and that’s probably why they’re having to clear them. My store had at least 8 when this started which hadn’t really changed much since earlier in the season and they were down to two yesterday afternoon.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28732 posts
9337 upvotes
Hamilton
Master2031 wrote: Nah man , I’ve been to two stores with plenty of stock
Nah man, 5 units isn’t “plenty”
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28732 posts
9337 upvotes
Hamilton
chris416yyz wrote: Was tons of stock and that’s probably why they’re having to clear them. My store had at least 8 when this started which hadn’t really changed much since earlier in the season and they were down to two yesterday afternoon.
Burlington?
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1001 posts
540 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Nah man, 5 units isn’t “plenty”
Tf ? For something that costs $900 it sure is. We are not talking about socks here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
6740 posts
6434 upvotes
Ottawa
zickvon wrote: I'm in London, and love my EGO snow blower. I started with the single stage 2101, love the light weight. Dry snow is fine, even when it over 6 inches. But the problem is when the snow is wet, the chute would get stuck really easilly, and I have to stop to clean it up every minutes.
Switched to the 2 stage 2400 since last winter, and other than it's price, that thing is fantasic. It's as powerful as my old gas unit, and easy to operate. 2X7.5A battery is enough to clean up my double car driveway, and sidewalk around my corner house, with at least 40% left afterwards.
I'm very very close to moving to the EGO. I'm so over gas units. We have a three lane driveway probably a hundred feet in length ,(I could be off either way but 100 feet lol) so just deciding which model to get. Also debating the zero turn electric mower cause I hate the gas lawn mower almost as much....
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28732 posts
9337 upvotes
Hamilton
Master2031 wrote: Tf ? For something that costs $900 it sure is. We are not talking about socks here.
My family and I bought 3 units.
hated on but respected.
Nov 16, 2022
32 posts
47 upvotes
Would have loved deal on the auger propelled within the two 7.5A batteries. But no stock anywhere in GVA.
Nov 24, 2008
297 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Still two $899 units on the floor in Burlington. I'd say there's about 10 models of the $599 on the floor.
Dec 19, 2011
231 posts
87 upvotes
Hamilton
Damn I am really tempted by the snow shovel for $299. I got a gas 2 stage this winter but would love something smaller for the lighter snow falls. It’s also mid January and we have no snow haha
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1009 posts
1119 upvotes
Bradford
Marauder2 wrote: Damn I am really tempted by the snow shovel for $299. I got a gas 2 stage this winter but would love something smaller for the lighter snow falls. It’s also mid January and we have no snow haha
The snow shovel could be useful for more than just snow as it is a 'multi-tool' so you can change it up with different attachments: https://egopowerplus.com/multi-head/ (not sure how much they cost though - Rona seems to sell a bunch: https://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... multi-head)
Nov 16, 2022
32 posts
47 upvotes
drnic wrote: The snow shovel could be useful for more than just snow as it is a 'multi-tool' so you can change it up with different attachments: https://egopowerplus.com/multi-head/ (not sure how much they cost though - Rona seems to sell a bunch: https://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/s ... multi-head)
Agreed. Snagged one as it’s a great deal with the shovel attachment for product that hardly ever sees discount. Will build out Ego set up from here.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
deaner835 wrote: I would go into a store and try to order one in. I placed an order on xmas eve at Lowes for one that wasn't in stock, but came with a free leaf blower. They price adjusted it today on Vancouver Island.
Is there still an offer for free leaf blower?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
I think I have this right but would love someone to confirm if possible.

$539 = 4.0 Battery and rubber auger
$719 = 5.0 Battery and steel auger

Otherwise they are the same?

I think the extra $180+tx for the steel auger and larger battery is worth it?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1001 posts
540 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: I think I have this right but would love someone to confirm if possible.

Go for the 2125 model ($899) bigger batteries (7.5) and more powerful
Dec 3, 2012
59 posts
22 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: I think I have this right but would love someone to confirm if possible.

The additional $180 is for the heated handle grips, 5' extra throwing distance, larger battery, and so called self propelled. The downside is the auger is not steel but rather a thick rubber belt.

I think the extra $ is worth it on the battery alone but to each their own.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
Master2031 wrote:
Go for the 2125 model ($899) bigger batteries (7.5) and more powerful
cw1628 wrote: The additional $180 is for the heated handle grips, 5' extra throwing distance, larger battery, and so called self propelled. The downside is the auger is not steel but rather a thick rubber belt.

I think the extra $ is worth it on the battery alone but to each their own.
The self propulsion seems gimmicky and the steel auger on the $719 one seems like a much better idea?

Yes the $899 has bigger batteries (my driveway is small) and heated handles but for ice left by the plows the steel auger seems like it may actually do something vs rubber?

Trying to decide between the $539, $719 and $899 ones, thoughts? Anyone use the steel auger to comment?
Last edited by Third Eye on Jan 14th, 2023 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 6, 2012
181 posts
163 upvotes
Holy… the snowblower and 2x 4ah batteries for 539$ is insane.

For anyone wondering I still have this snow blower (going on 3 years) and it’s paid itself off simply by saving 200$+ a year on snow removal service. It starts up every time and is super light and maneuverable that I clear my 4 car driveway in 5-10 minutes max. Haven’t needed to replace any parts for it yet.

The only thing to keep in mind is the wet and heavy snow. If you tackle it before it gets too thick you’ll be fine (lower throwing distance). Same with the end of driveway mound left by the plows. Just don’t hit any icebergs.
Nov 6, 2011
67 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Is it ok to keep the batteries in the garage. My garage is supposedly insulated, but the temperature still drops to around 8-10C on the very cold days.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
superbad wrote: I ordered the $719 one this morning but just now also ordered the $899 one. other than the auger propelled feature and 2 * 7.5 Ah batteries, are there any other benefits of this model?
This is where I am at.

Does the self propulsion really work, and seems like it will wear the auger as it touches the ground?

Does the steel auger perform significantly better?
Last edited by Third Eye on Jan 14th, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1009 posts
1119 upvotes
Bradford
dyatsin wrote: Is it ok to keep the batteries in the garage. My garage is supposedly insulated, but the temperature still drops to around 8-10C on the very cold days.
The battery manual only says: "For best results, your battery should be charged in a location where the temperature is greater than 0° C and less than 40° C. Do not store it outside or in vehicles." and "Under extreme usage or temperature conditions, battery leakage may occur. " and "This Lithium-Ion battery pack will provide optimal performance in temperatures between 0°C and 40°C. When the battery pack is very cold, it may “pulse” for the first minute of use to warm itself".

In their support forum: Keep the battery stored in a room temperature environment - if battery cells get too hot or too cold, it will reduce performance.

I personally store them indoors. Batteries and cold temps don't seem to be a good combination and why take a chance with the most expensive components.