Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reno Depot / Rona / Lowes

Clearance on Ego snowblowers - $899 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 4:32 pm
May 31, 2017
171 posts
315 upvotes
montreal
surprise this morning when i opened my box, the blower has already been used , found some grass inside the chute and auger, so brought it back to the store to get an exchange,
the guys told me he would give me a 20% discount on the blower, i said i rather take a new one with a 10% discount for the inconvenience.
in the end he gave me a new one with 20% discount, very good service (reno depot on renaude lapointe in montreal) so final price is $575+tx for the snt2112 with steel auger
the unit i got looks brand new this time the battery are on the charge
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1817 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Would you guys choose the $719 model or $899?

This will be my first EGO product so I’ll prob join this ecosystem
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
BrianJai wrote: Would you guys choose the $719 model or $899?

This is really the question of the day I think.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2152 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton
Nexus777 wrote: I have the Green works Pro 80v 22" that I bought from Costco at the end of last winter. Do you guys think the Ego is enough of an upgrade to warrant the bother of returning the Greenworks? Could I still return it if I bought it last March?
You could return it but if it is working and you just want an upgrade it is abusing there return policy as far as I see it. That's what increases prices for the rest of us
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2152 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton
l69norm wrote: For those in the Kobalt ecosystem, there this one. They are almost identical to the Greenworks 80V 22" version, except the battery is keyed differently to prevent swapping

Kobalt 22" 80V Single stage with 5AH battery $424 (50% off clearance)

https://www.rona.ca/en/product/kobalt-8 ... d-41537707

12 left in GTA

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=rona&sku=41537707
So you can't use the green works batteries interchangeably?
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Oct 7, 2005
111 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
BrianJai wrote: Would you guys choose the $719 model or $899?

Yeah, debate of the day. I probably stood 20 minutes in front of those 2.

I went with the 719$ for the steel blade. Already have a 5.0A mower from EGO.

One left in Brossard after I left.
Feb 21, 2022
127 posts
162 upvotes
It’s a great deal but just checked online Reddit and YT that Ego snow blower is easily burn out if hit a rock or iceberg. Battery seems have lots of issues too. Should I just wait for the immortal Toro for end of season sale? Don’t want to experience my old Ryobi experience. Anyone who had Ego can advise?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18944 posts
6122 upvotes
London
moose3833 wrote: So you can't use the green works batteries interchangeably?
No, the battery packs are keyed with plastic tangs so they can’t be interchanged between Greenworks, kobalt and greenworks commercial

There are instructions on the internet on how to modify the plastic tangs to make the packs interchangeable.

The are at least 3 different case patterns , Greenworks 80 (green),
Kobalt 80 (blue) and
Greenworks commercial 82 (gray)

Otherwise the batteries are the same
Last edited by l69norm on Jan 14th, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4239 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
snarky123 wrote: It’s a great deal but just checked online Reddit and YT that Ego snow blower is easily burn out if hit a rock or iceberg. Battery seems have lots of issues too. Should I just wait for the immortal Toro for end of season sale? Don’t want to experience my old Ryobi experience. Anyone who had Ego can advise?
What happened with your Ryobi?
Dec 27, 2008
649 posts
615 upvotes
moose3833 wrote: So you can't use the green works batteries interchangeably?
Apparently, it's possible if you chew out the plastic... Not something I personally would do but it's an option

Sep 8, 2007
56 posts
41 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: This is where I am at.

Does the self propulsion really work, and seems like it will wear the auger as it touches the ground?

Does the steel auger perform significantly better?
I have the rubber auger for 5 winters, I swapped it with a steel auger this summer (wasn't hard to do it) . I find it easier to blow those harder snow (snowbanks and snow covered with thin sheet of ice.), not a day and night difference but I can feel it. It uses a bit less battery since the blower spend less time trying to break hard snow apart vs rubber auger.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
kot_2150 wrote: I have the rubber auger for 5 winters, I swapped it with a steel auger this summer (wasn't hard to do it) . I find it easier to blow those harder snow (snowbanks and snow covered with thin sheet of ice.), not a day and night difference but I can feel it. It uses a bit less battery since the blower spend less time trying to break hard snow apart vs rubber auger.
Thanks for this. The more I read about the "self propelled" option with the $899 one using the rubber auger it doesn't sound good at all.

I love the idea of steel auger and your reply really helped. I don't think the 7.5 vs 5 battery is worth $180 and the $719 one has steel.

I think the $719 is the way to go for me.
May 31, 2017
171 posts
315 upvotes
montreal
kot_2150 wrote: I have the rubber auger for 5 winters, I swapped it with a steel auger this summer (wasn't hard to do it) . I find it easier to blow those harder snow (snowbanks and snow covered with thin sheet of ice.)
tried my blower with steel auger on the snow pile left by the plow, it went through after several attempts
Images
  • IMG_20230114_161424.jpg
May 31, 2017
171 posts
315 upvotes
montreal
Third Eye wrote: . I don't think the 7.5 vs 5 battery is worth $180 and the $719 one has steel.

I think the $719 is the way to go for me.
the model snt2114 comes with 7.5ha battery and steel auger but is not on sale at the moment , and don't know if it ever will
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
manthica wrote: the model snt2114 comes with 7.5ha battery and steel auger but is not on sale at the moment , and don't know if it ever will
That is the one I really want. Wonder if it will go on clearance this year?
Jan 5, 2014
32 posts
32 upvotes
I only see the one that comes with the two 4ah batteries for $539.40 available from Lowes. The one with two 5ah batteries still shows for $1199 and can't add to cart. The one with two 7.5ah batteries also shows for 1499 when I add to cart and go to checkout. Do you have to change location to see the $719 and $899 pricing?
Sep 8, 2007
56 posts
41 upvotes
manthica wrote: tried my blower with steel auger on the snow pile left by the plow, it went through after several attempts
That looks like a yuge pile! It will take even more attempts to go through with the rubber auger.
May 31, 2017
171 posts
315 upvotes
montreal
Third Eye wrote: That is the one I really want. Wonder if it will go on clearance this year?
that's the one i wanted too, but i didn't want to lose this opportunity (especially after the extra 20% i got) better safe than sorry
kot_2150 wrote: That looks like a yuge pile! It will take even more attempts to go through with the rubber auger.
it was, i would say 2 feet high with chunk of ice, i'll see how it really perform on the next snow storm
May 12, 2006
288 posts
167 upvotes
Went to pickup my 4ah kit online order at Lowes and it was a open box. Asked to open to inspect since clearance don't have refund or returns, sure enough the batteries were stolen/missing. Manager said its been very common, went to the back to search for replacement 4ah and came back with brand new 5ah instead. Other than that, the blower is brand new with wrapping still on handles.

Thanks for posting this deal! Now I can get rid of my $150 Yardworks corded blower from black friday two years ago