Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reno Depot / Rona / Lowes

Clearance on Ego snowblowers - $899 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 4:32 pm
Jan 21, 2021
315 posts
374 upvotes
Any GTA locations still have stock? Been looking at the metal auger model.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1817 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Hellsing wrote: Yeah, debate of the day. I probably stood 20 minutes in front of those 2.

I went with the 719$ for the steel blade. Already have a 5.0A mower from EGO.

One left in Brossard after I left.
I ended up picking up the $718 steel auger too… didn’t think it was worth the $180 for rubber auger, auger propelled which isn’t real self propelled and heated grips… and slightly better battery. I got the last display model with extra 10% off and the snow shovel tool only for $150, manager gave it to me for half price for the display model ego snow shovel
Sep 8, 2010
693 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
I tested the $899 yesterday with both loose fluffy snow and icy snow.
I kind of regret not taking the $719 with steel auger for the icy snow as it was more of a workout than just using a shovel. I don't think I'll be able to clear the snow bank in front of my driveway left by the snow plow. I'm curious to try next snowfall.
For the loose snow it was a breeze. I was able to clear a large area fast. The auger propulsion is really a gimmick. it would work only when there's only few cm of snow.
I would recommend taking the $719 one if you have to deal with icy snow.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1824 posts
313 upvotes
ovni121 wrote: I tested the $899 yesterday with both loose fluffy snow and icy snow.
I kind of regret not taking the $719 with steel auger for the icy snow as it was more of a workout than just using a shovel. I don't think I'll be able to clear the snow bank in front of my driveway left by the snow plow. I'm curious to try next snowfall.
For the loose snow it was a breeze. I was able to clear a large area fast. The auger propulsion is really a gimmick. it would work only when there's only few cm of snow.
Too late in the game, $719 is sold out everywhere :(
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3226 posts
1200 upvotes
Montreal
ovni121 wrote: I tested the $899 yesterday with both loose fluffy snow and icy snow.
It really depends also on the consitency of the snow by the snowplow.
If you clear the snow left by the snowplow early and not it let sit for many hours, it will be ALOT easier to clear than letting it stand for many hours. (it has more time to compact and harden up)
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1001 posts
540 upvotes
For the rubber auger model (2125) is it not possible to switch the auger out for a metal one ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6278 posts
7449 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Master2031 wrote: For the rubber auger model (2125) is it not possible to switch the auger out for a metal one ?
The auger-propulsion with a steel blade doesn't sound like a good idea.
Oct 17, 2007
181 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
kot_2150 wrote: I have the rubber auger for 5 winters, I swapped it with a steel auger this summer (wasn't hard to do it) . I find it easier to blow those harder snow (snowbanks and snow covered with thin sheet of ice.), not a day and night difference but I can feel it. It uses a bit less battery since the blower spend less time trying to break hard snow apart vs rubber auger.
Interested in this. I just got the 2101 with rubber auger/paddle and am wondering if it is possible swap the auger/paddle with a steel one. Could you provide more information like where you bought the steel one and brand, please?
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
After much debate I decided on and just picked up a $719 steel auger version from Rona.

Looks amazing, can't wait for snow now. The old corded Snow Joe is heading out.... Will be so nice to be cord free!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1009 posts
1119 upvotes
Bradford
I believe this is the steel auger replacement: https://igocordless.ca/en/products/2827386002/ - it says it fits the 2100 series.

Just came across an Ego RFD thread if it is helpful: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... d-2413016/

In that thread it was suggested to get the steel auger from here:
https://www.partswarehouse.com/EGO-Rota ... 386002.htm
and to use coupon GET10 for 10% off

In the thread, some mention replacing it might void the warranty (did not verify). Also it was mentioned that rubber might be better if your driveway is interlock or concrete (although this was also disputed).

I have been using the rubber auger for several years and find it can handle pretty much anything. Don't shove it full on into the big pile - just chew through it bit by bit. The unit is so light i can just lift it over the bigger piles and chew the pile from the other side as well until it all yields. Maybe just give it a chance, although I suppose it might be faster with the metal.

I love how compact the unit is - i stick it up on a shelf in the garage for the off season.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
Wonder why this is expired, still available at many locations.

Oh well, I got mine yesterday.
Nov 16, 2022
32 posts
47 upvotes
Third Eye wrote: Wonder why this is expired, still available at many locations.

Oh well, I got mine yesterday.
Which location? Anyone seen steel auger model in GVA?
Sep 8, 2007
56 posts
41 upvotes
t6ho wrote: Interested in this. I just got the 2101 with rubber auger/paddle and am wondering if it is possible swap the auger/paddle with a steel one. Could you provide more information like where you bought the steel one and brand, please?
Thanks!
You can check it out here with the instructions. One of the user posted the instructions on imgur and you can use GET10 to get 10% off.

BTW changing the auger might void your warranty.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4130 posts
4355 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BrianJai wrote: I ended up picking up the $718 steel auger too… didn’t think it was worth the $180 for rubber auger, auger propelled which isn’t real self propelled and heated grips… and slightly better battery. I got the last display model with extra 10% off and the snow shovel tool only for $150, manager gave it to me for half price for the display model ego snow shovel
FYI not arguing with your logic but it's not a "slightly better battery" its much larger battery: 2x 5ah = 10ah total, 2x 7.5ah = 15ah. For the snowblowers if you have a larger driveway 50% more juice is a huge difference.
Dec 22, 2007
19 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks OP. I picked up the snow shovel… was wanting the power head so it was a no brainer to add the shovel and battery for the price. I’ve been using EGO equipment for 4-5 years now. Started with their hedge trimmer and string trimmer (end season sales at Home depot) and then picked up a blower and chain saw during the Home Depot sell off a couple of summers ago. I sold a couple of chargers and a 2 amp battery as all my purchases were kits. Everything is still working perfectly. Looking forward to using the snow shovel and adding accessories to the multi head (was wanting the roto tiller in a kit but I’ve never seen it available in a kit). I’ll probably bite the biscuit and get the lawn mower next. Solid brand, hope they expand their offerings.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2426 posts
2068 upvotes
Ontario
Third Eye wrote: I think I have this right but would love someone to confirm if possible.

$539 = 4.0 Battery and rubber auger
$719 = 5.0 Battery and steel auger

Otherwise they are the same?

I think the extra $180+tx for the steel auger and larger battery is worth it?
Confirmed $539 at Ancaster.
16 or so in stock.

$899 steel with 2x7.5 battery.
1 at Ancaster.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
CaptainCrash wrote: Confirmed $539 at Ancaster.
16 or so in stock.

$899 steel with 2x7.5 battery.
1 at Ancaster.
I don't think the $899 is steel unless there is a new one on clearance.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1009 posts
1119 upvotes
Bradford
I find the specs for the machines are clearer here:

SNT2101 - 21" Snow Blower (2 X 4.0 Ah + Standard Charger) ($539.40 at Lowe's)
SNT2112 - SNT2112 21" Snow Blower (2 X 5.0 Ah G3 + Double Charger) ($719.40 at Lowe's)
SNT2125AP - 21" Snow Blower (2 X 7.5Ah G3 Batt. + Double Charg.) ($899 at Lowe's)

You can see that in addition to bigger batteries the 2112 and 2125ap also include a double charger, which is convenient.
Of the three, it looks like only the 2112 has the metal auger, while the 2125ap has rubber paddles (but its auger also looks different from the first two).
The 2112 has a longer throw distance (5' longer) than the 2101 (assuming this is because of larger batteries) and it is 1 kg heavier.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1001 posts
540 upvotes
Ok sorry to report but it is true about the heavy wet snow , this thing is useless. Quite frankly , it was very underwhelming when I used it today.

I had to keep clearing the chute every two minutes.

It’s too bad I can’t return this.

FYI; I’m referring to the 2125 model. It snowed about 1.5-2 inches in Hamilton today. Now to be fair I wasn’t expecting it to be a breeze but wow did it ever struggle.

I guess it’s only good for the really light stuff and to be honest , I don’t think the metal auger could have done any better.

Just my two cents.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)