Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reno Depot / Rona / Lowes

Clearance on Ego snowblowers - $899 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2023 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2152 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton
Master2031 wrote: Ok sorry to report but it is true about the heavy wet snow , this thing is useless. Quite frankly , it was very underwhelming when I used it today.

I had to keep clearing the chute every two minutes.

It’s too bad I can’t return this.

FYI; I’m referring to the 2125 model. It snowed about 1.5-2 inches in Hamilton today. Now to be fair I wasn’t expecting it to be a breeze but wow did it ever struggle.

I guess it’s only good for the really light stuff and to be honest , I don’t think the metal auger could have done any better.

Just my two cents.
If you picked it up in store I would double check and try to return. I know it said final sale but usually they are good about returning it
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2017
1001 posts
540 upvotes
moose3833 wrote: If you picked it up in store I would double check and try to return. I know it said final sale but usually they are good about returning it
Ugh it’s already out of the box , lol I’m too lazy to put it back in and then load it into my Jeep and then just to be told no.
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
31 posts
77 upvotes
Baie-d'Urf
Master2031 wrote: Ok sorry to report but it is true about the heavy wet snow , this thing is useless. Quite frankly , it was very underwhelming when I used it today.

FYI; I’m referring to the 2125 model. It snowed about 1.5-2 inches in Hamilton today. Now to be fair I wasn’t expecting it to be a breeze but wow did it ever struggle.

I guess it’s only good for the really light stuff and to be honest , I don’t think the metal auger could have done any better.

Just my two cents.
Ya they’re a little underwhelming with wet snow. I would suggest to try coating the inside of the chute with some pam or other kind of lubricant. They even sell a specific spray for snowblower chutes as all the single stage ( and even 2-stages!) have this problem.. I keep a piece of wood close by when the going gets wet.
Oct 7, 2005
111 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
In the same boat as Master2031.

Underwhelming for me also and I have the metal auger one.

I will keep because it is not a total deception and because I am in the EGO world already. Batteries and dual charger are cool.

It did a great job in light snow but not so good for the snow coming from the street snowplow.

Will definitly try the coating suggestion from Ptolmy because it did jamed a lot. At the end, I was almost as tired as with a shovel with the pushing! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2481 posts
288 upvotes

Just my two cents.
Try this spray along the chute, auger surrounding (anything that will potentially clog)
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1965 posts
334 upvotes
magik23 wrote: Thanks OP, just did a price adjustment for the cheaper rubber blade model and went from $899 to $539!
Wdym price adjust,ent? With lowes or Rona?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6278 posts
7451 upvotes
Richmond Hill
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote: Wdym price adjust,ent? With lowes or Rona?
Meaning they purchased it before Jan 13 when all these blowers went on deeper discount.

The model that's currently $539 was priced at $999 (which was already "clearance" pricing).
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2637 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
Generally for more or heavier snow i only suck half the width of the snowblower
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
6457 posts
676 upvotes
Murica
Castlefield had the SNT2112 but without batteries cuz the store used them.
Wouldn’t sell the blower sans battery for $100 cuz the battery alone are $300 each
Jun 13, 2020
14 posts
2 upvotes
Picked up steel auger today. Did a decent job. We're guys having trouble with the rubber auger or steel? With wet snow
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3399 posts
2931 upvotes
JayP10843 wrote: Picked up steel auger today. Did a decent job. We're guys having trouble with the rubber auger or steel? With wet snow
My steel auger machine did a nice job with the wet snow today. No clogging at all. It certainly didn't throw it far at times but that is expected.
Jun 13, 2020
14 posts
2 upvotes
Nice. I'll wait to try it in wet snow....
Hopefully I can still return it if I'm not happy with the product. Didn't get the additional 10% off when I bought today.
Nov 24, 2008
297 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the 899 model and I have to say I was surprised by it tonight. Did about 5-6 inches of heavy wet snow with ease.
Jan 24, 2023
6 posts
4 upvotes
I used the steel auger version over the weekend for the first time in ~6" of mixed wet/dry snow and was quite impressed. So far so good and happy with its performance.
Sep 8, 2010
693 posts
883 upvotes
Ottawa
drnic wrote: I believe this is the steel auger replacement: https://igocordless.ca/en/products/2827386002/ - it says it fits the 2100 series.

Just came across an Ego RFD thread if it is helpful: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/officia ... d-2413016/

In that thread it was suggested to get the steel auger from here:
https://www.partswarehouse.com/EGO-Rota ... 386002.htm
and to use coupon GET10 for 10% off

In the thread, some mention replacing it might void the warranty (did not verify). Also it was mentioned that rubber might be better if your driveway is interlock or concrete (although this was also disputed).

I have been using the rubber auger for several years and find it can handle pretty much anything. Don't shove it full on into the big pile - just chew through it bit by bit. The unit is so light i can just lift it over the bigger piles and chew the pile from the other side as well until it all yields. Maybe just give it a chance, although I suppose it might be faster with the metal.

I love how compact the unit is - i stick it up on a shelf in the garage for the off season.
Thanks! I'll give the steel auger a try on the 2125! For around 100$ CAD with shipping I seems like a good upgrade.
It also have the rubber paddle in the middle so it looks like it should work with auger propulsion.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4579 posts
1589 upvotes
Mississauga
ovni121 wrote: I used Jig-A-Loo and it worked really well. I had to respray after 4 uses though.
It works well on regular shovel also. Makes it so snow slides easily off and don't stick.
Apply when dry and let it evaporate before using it.
Is it better than silicone spray?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2637 posts
2662 upvotes
Montréal
For the big pile at the end which is taller than than the snow blower i just stab a shovel in it and split the pile then easily eat throw that row and then rinse and repeat

Contemplating the steel auger update, had my ego for 2 or 3 years now, its been good enough and I appreciate the mobility of it

Going to try greasing the chute

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)