• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2017 3:06 pm
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
629 posts
277 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly

[Reno Depot] Smoking HOT: Reno Depot (ON) - 5 lawn bags for 99cents

Just back ... 5 paper lawn bags for under a buck. That's just 20 cent each.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1224 posts
1038 upvotes
Durham Region
wow thats great deal. too bad there is only 1 store in ontario
May 17, 2017
664 posts
1635 upvotes
Not sure I would classify this as smoking hot...
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1662 upvotes
What's regular price?
networksend wrote: wow thats great deal. too bad there is only 1 store in ontario
This forum isn't just for Ontario lol. There's one in Alberta and a bunch of Quebec.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6589 posts
3148 upvotes
They have lots + lots of the 4/$5 -40C washer fluid. (limit 4 cases per customer)
[OP]
Aug 4, 2006
629 posts
277 upvotes
GTA - Gwilly
aquariaguy wrote: What's regular price?

This forum isn't just for Ontario lol. There's one in Alberta and a bunch of Quebec.
Regular price ... $3 ... flyer claims it's 67% off. IMHO that's a pretty hot deal on bags that you throw away.

I'm in Ontario ... I cannot speak if this idea is across the country. BTW, isn't Toronto the centre of the Universe? (hee hee hee)
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1224 posts
1038 upvotes
Durham Region
aquariaguy wrote: This forum isn't just for Ontario lol. There's one in Alberta and a bunch of Quebec.
What's your point? I can't take advantage of the deal because it's too far away. If it was closer I would be buying some
May 30, 2015
295 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
For people who are in the proximity of Reno Depot stores (Quebec -- most of them, one in Aurora ON, and one in Calgary AB) this appears to be an interesting deal.

NOTE: I looked online and selected the Aurora, then Calgary, then several stores in QC. Most (if not all) of the stores do not have the item in stock, so you need to place an order.
Free In Store Pickup (according to their website) it is in 7-10 days.

This is the link to the web page for this item:
https://www.renodepot.com/en/bag-pack-o ... s-20055095

[In the flyer, it looks like they used the picture for this item: https://www.renodepot.com/en/waste-paper-bag-98935000 -- it looks similar, or maybe even the same, but they have different article numbers.
Also the model # for this is ESRENO2. For the one on sale the model # is ESRENO2-01]

I did not call to ask about possible price match. Reno Depot is owned by Rona and Rona is owned now by Lowes, I think. Not sure if any of those would price match with Reno Depot.

Many thanks to OP for posting the deal. I ordered a bunch since I got tired of paying $2.5 to $3 for a pack of 5 at the other stores. I hope the quality is acceptable. I will have to see when they send me the e-mail to go an pick them up from the store.

UPDATE: I just picked up my order from the store in Aurora. The website was reporting no stock at this location, but after I placed my order online I got an email saying the order is ready for pick-up (the email came 10 min after the first e-mail for order confirmation -- really fast). Then I called the store to make sure it is not some mistake. The sales person told me that they have plenty of bags in the store and also that I can pick-up my order. She also mentioned that there is a limit of 15 five pack bags/person. My online order was for 20 packs, but she said she will leave it like that but I will have to keep in mind for future. I did not see any limit mentioned online, but she said that it is probably mentioned in small print text. The system did not give me any warning when I placed the order. Anyway, I got them. The quality, from just looking at them seems to be OK, similar with the ones I bought from Superstore or Zehrs at $2.5/ pack. Also, I noticed that there are two kinds of paper in the ones that I bought: a more darker brown color and a lighter/yellowish color. The bar code on them was different too. I could not tell if one is better than the other by just touching them. I hope these will last quite a while for me. Since I went in the store, I also bought a box of windshield fluid which is part of the other sale mentioned here on RFD: 4 for $5 Turbo Power -40 degrees C.
Last edited by pishta on Oct 7th, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1662 upvotes
networksend wrote: What's your point? I can't take advantage of the deal because it's too far away. If it was closer I would be buying some
That's like people from GTA saying "TERRIBLE deal, NONE in Toronto" for every Safeway or London Drugs deal there is.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Nov 25, 2014
83 posts
23 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
aquariaguy wrote: That's like people from GTA saying "TERRIBLE deal, NONE in Toronto" for every Safeway or London Drugs deal there is.
I believe he was genuinely saying it's a great deal too bad there's one in Ontario. He's not within a reasonable distance from the store, he's not complaining about the post or saying it shouldn't be posted.
May 30, 2015
295 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
Maybe it is worth finding out if Rona or Lowes would price match Reno Depot. The two deals mentioned (i.e. lawn bags and windshield fluid) are in Reno Depot flyer which is valid till Oct 11.
Although it is possible that the other stores will say that they will not match it because Reno Depot is not in their area (and, for ON, that would mean that they are not very close to Aurora).
Last edited by pishta on Oct 9th, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2015
295 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
As I mentioned in my other post, I noticed that there are two models of bags among the ones that they gave me.
I took a closer look at the details.
I think that the main difference between the two models is the fact that one of them is labeled as being made of more than 50% recycled materials (also has an FSC symbol printed on it).
The paper on the ones labeled with the FSC symbol has a lighter color (more toward yellowish color). The other ones are darker (more brown) color. Actually, their pictures on the web site are reflecting quite well this difference in color.

They are both listed on Reno Depot website and most of the digits from the bar code are part of the Article Number on the corresponding web pages:

This model is listed on their web page here: https://www.renodepot.com/en/waste-paper-bag-98935000

This model is listed on their web page here: https://www.renodepot.com/en/bag-pack-o ... s-20055095
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2015
1224 posts
1038 upvotes
Durham Region
bsequeira95 wrote: I believe he was genuinely saying it's a great deal too bad there's one in Ontario. He's not within a reasonable distance from the store, he's not complaining about the post or saying it shouldn't be posted.
thank you! exactly what I meant