Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Renogy

Renogy PHOENIX 1000Wh Portable Power Station 877.49$ [all-in, No Tax]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2023 12:20 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2995 posts
601 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM; AMD Ryzen 5 3600; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB + 16GB; WD Black SN770 1TB;
Dec 12, 2007
128 posts
53 upvotes
Willyfonsworth, Thank-you for the very detailed response. Good use of two comparison items. The Renogy is bigger than what I thought it would be.
Your banana is ready for consumption.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1645 posts
19688 upvotes
Sherbrooke
One last test was attempting to charge via the cigarette adapter. As expected it works and pulls in 115w.

Anyways, I am pretty much done with the testing that I need to do for my uses. Let me know if you have some random test that you need me to try and I can see if I can perform it.

I did attempt to simulate recharging via a standalone 12v battery but I was trying to do this going from smart battery charger, alligator clips to female cigarette plug, to provided cigarette plug into the xt30 DC charge port on the Renogy... Well that did not work. The smart charger is too smart and would be push out anything as it was not receiving any current on the other end... makes sense I suppose. At some point I will test a standalone 12v to 12vto24v step up converter in an attempt to get something over 200w into the Renogy via the DC charge port. Not sure when that will happen however.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
willyfonsworth wrote: One last test was attempting to charge via the cigarette adapter. As expected it works and pulls in 115w.

Anyways, I am pretty much done with the testing that I need to do for my uses. Let me know if you have some random test that you need me to try and I can see if I can perform it.

I did attempt to simulate recharging via a standalone 12v battery but I was trying to do this going from smart battery charger, alligator clips to female cigarette plug, to provided cigarette plug into the xt30 DC charge port on the Renogy... Well that did not work. The smart charger is too smart and would be push out anything as it was not receiving any current on the other end... makes sense I suppose. At some point I will test a standalone 12v to 12vto24v step up converter in an attempt to get something over 200w into the Renogy via the DC charge port. Not sure when that will happen however.
Thanks for all the testing !

Back to the generator test. If you have time, could you run the Renogy unit down to no power, then hook it up to generator, then plug your air compressor in, does the Renogy unit do the pass through when you fire up the generator?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7991 posts
2225 upvotes
Alberta
Any idea what the parallel or split voltage cables cost for 2 of these units?

Curious how this compares with the Ecoflow Delta 2 at 1800W 1024Wh or maybe Pecron E2000LFP 2000W 1920Wh.
Dec 12, 2007
128 posts
53 upvotes
willyfonsworth wrote: One last test was attempting to charge via the cigarette adapter. As expected it works and pulls in 115w.

12 volt battery between smart charger and cigarette plug? worked for me running a 12 volt fridge.
Dec 12, 2007
128 posts
53 upvotes
DavidY wrote: Any idea what the parallel or split voltage cables cost for 2 of these units?

Curious how this compares with the Ecoflow Delta 2 at 1800W 1024Wh or maybe Pecron E2000LFP 2000W 1920Wh.
I could not find any info on the cables or where to get them. Please post if you manage get any info.
I was also looking at the Delta 2. Very little info about how noisy the fans are on them. They're loud, if that matters for your use case scenario. You tube has a few specific videos on fan noise levels.
Mar 4, 2015
558 posts
649 upvotes
Vancouver
Discharging to 0% won't break the battery but the lower you go over and over, the fewer recharge cycles you can expect.

All reputable manufacturers recommend keeping it above 20%.

Now, does that really mean anything to you with lifepo4?

Manufacturers are quoting 2,500 cycles with depth of discharge of 80% in their spec sheets and 4-5000 if you only take it down to 50% DOD.

Most won't give you a 0% DOD cycle count, which maybe should make you cautious.

You're not going to face consequences for years and new batter tech might come along by the time that happens, but...
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1645 posts
19688 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Buford wrote: 12 volt battery between smart charger and cigarette plug? worked for me running a 12 volt fridge.
My smart battery charger was not outputting any voltage tested via multimeter. So I am not sure what was happening there. But tested in a vehicle with the cigarette lighter is pretty much the exact same test anyways. I just like the idea to be able to charge the unit via a standalone battery to extend the runtime without having to run the generator again. Say to keep the fridge and freezer running during the night without issue.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7991 posts
2225 upvotes
Alberta
I noticed that the weight of 41 pounds is much heavier than its competitors especially for a 1KWH class LFP. Ecoflow Delta 2 is only 27 pounds. Oupes 2400 2232Wh is 48 pounds with twice the battery...$1700 currently. Pecron E2000LFP is also about 48 pounds....was recently $1750 after $150 coupon. FFPower P2001 2000W 2000Wh is also $1700 at 48 pounds....has UPS feature, but not that efficient as actual capacity tested at more like 1500Wh.
Jan 20, 2003
280 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Buford wrote: I could not find any info on the cables or where to get them. Please post if you manage get any info.
I was also looking at the Delta 2. Very little info about how noisy the fans are on them. They're loud, if that matters for your use case scenario. You tube has a few specific videos on fan noise levels.
This is one factor that doesn't often get mentioned... some of these units have multiple fans that can get pretty loud. I feel that in the race among manufacturers to match power specs, items like thermal management, fan noise, etc. can get overlooked.
Jan 3, 2023
25 posts
16 upvotes
DavidY wrote: Any idea what the parallel or split voltage cables cost for 2 of these units?

I was told by Renogy that the parallel or split voltage cables was not sold yet in Canada , this is a really new product from Renogy as of now.
Jan 3, 2023
25 posts
16 upvotes
Buford wrote: I could not find any info on the cables or where to get them. Please post if you manage get any info.
Response i got from Renogy...
Hi STEPHANE ROY,

Hope everything goes well on your end.

Related single phase/split phase parallel kit is not yet on sale, the relevant departments said Renogy will put this product on the market recently, please stay tuned.
Thank you very much for your support of Renogy!

I hope this helps address your concerns. If you find any of the above information unclear or any of your concerns is left behind, please drop us an email at any time. We are always ready to offer you further assistance.

Best Regards,
Echo
Mar 18, 2008
539 posts
101 upvotes
Would this work well as a power backup for a small office? If so, how should it be connected? Any video tutorials?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1645 posts
19688 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Got the standalone battery test completed.

12v8ah LIFEPO4 to alligator clip/cigarette to provided cigarette to xt30 to Renogy... Works just fine, the limit here is the 10a for the DC charging so I could only pump in 104w into the Renogy.
PXL_20230108_003615320.jpg
Aug 3, 2009
927 posts
372 upvotes
willyfonsworth wrote: Got the standalone battery test completed.

12v8ah LIFEPO4 to alligator clip/cigarette to provided cigarette to xt30 to Renogy... Works just fine, the limit here is the 10a for the DC charging so I could only pump in 104w into the Renogy.

I am curious how you intend to use this unit in your home? Is it meant for backup power? UPS?
Generator to battery?
Jan 3, 2023
25 posts
16 upvotes
willyfonsworth wrote: Got the standalone battery test completed.

Maybe because the Renogy is fully charged , might have been different if it was at 50% , maybe just over 120w ,
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Most cigarette lighter 12V output in cars have a 10A fuse so i am not surprised thats the ceiling of what you can from 12V.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1645 posts
19688 upvotes
Sherbrooke
cyphr wrote: I am curious how you intend to use this unit in your home? Is it meant for backup power? UPS?
Generator to battery?
When I am not actively using it during a power outage, I will have it connected to my network gear, server, etc.. Even 1300va/1500va UPS that I have used in the past have just not had the staying power to keep devices on even long enough for me to get the inverter generator doing. I have been looking into replacing the lead acid batteries once they die in the UPS with an equivalent LIFEPO4 battery. That should help the situation for sure. When it will be in use for a power outage, I will use it to connect my electronics, fridge, freezer and keep it tops up with an open frame generator.
I also have a 1600/2000w inverter generator but I like having the open frame in order to power a couple resistive space heaters to keep things warm just in case. I felt that I wanted 2 things:

- A way to turn off my generators at night and have my fridge and freezer going for most of the night and then start up the generator in the morning. The noise where I live is kind of problematic to keep a generator running at night.
- Have a way to get more clean power in the house during a power outage. I think it might be an irrational fear that the power coming from my open frame generator is not clean enough to power anything other than resistive heaters is most likely flawed on my part, but its a better safe than sorry situation for me on this one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)