• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 3:04 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2015
6 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Renovation for condo

Hello, I’m interested in renovating my condo kitchen and maybe bathroom, closet, and floors if the price is reasonable. Does anyone know any contractors that are reliable with reasonable prices? Also, does anyone have any condo renovation tips they would like to share. This is my first time renovating. Thank you!Person With Folded Hands Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3250 posts
6220 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Just finished one, good luck getting a trade right now.

If you can wait until winter, I'd suggest that as all trades right now are swamped, no one is picking up the phone.

In terms of tips even after giving notice to all units around me, with everyone WFH I still had multiple complaints for noise even though I was doing it between 9-5 which is the allowable window. The compromise I offered was to save all really loud stuff like jackhammering/cutting to be done at lunch time in order to disturb people as little as possible while on calls. I didn't have to do it, but would rather be the nice guy, did cost me a bit more in time.
RE Broker
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2019
1791 posts
2748 upvotes
Stouffville ON
Tip 1: don't install grey laminate flooring, approximately 2,756,245 condo owners in GTA already did that.
Full Time and Full Service Realtor
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2920 posts
1904 upvotes
Moon
Stay light, when I was condo hunting I stumbled upon a few Youtube channels and everyone comments on how much they like the (light) floors since it makes the unit brighter.
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3250 posts
6220 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
kangarooz wrote: Stay light, when I was condo hunting I stumbled upon a few Youtube channels and everyone comments on how much they like the (light) floors since it makes the unit brighter.
Been doing it this way for a while, for my last rental which was fairly small, the light colour made a world of difference. Keep it simple/clean.

before

after
RE Broker
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1510 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto
I love light floors but I do think they need to have some brown in them. The ultra white "white oak" flooring I believe will age badly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5234 posts
5277 upvotes
Ottawa
DaMan12 wrote: I love light floors but I do think they need to have some brown in them. The ultra white "white oak" flooring I believe will age badly.
The check the boxes of renovations now of blond floors, white walls and cabinets and hints of black has been soooo overused.