• May 4th, 2021 5:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4099 posts
1757 upvotes
Quebec

Rent apartment usa

Anybody can direct me or refer someone or a legit website that can help to find an apartment in florida for the next winter?

New to all this and try to avoid any possible scam.

Thanks in advance
4 replies
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
11638 posts
3461 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I know nothing about it, but I wonder whether this might be helpful.

https://www.snowbirds.org/
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1976 posts
1469 upvotes
GTA West
HyperTech wrote: Anybody can direct me or refer someone or a legit website that can help to find an apartment in florida for the next winter?

New to all this and try to avoid any possible scam.

Thanks in advance
Lots of options, airbnb, VRBO, Kijiji (Canadians renting their unit). Look for AIRBNB "superhosts", and VRBO owners who have been listed and reviewed for a long time. The last time I rented an apt in Florida I met the lady in person who was advertising it on Kijiji and we were able to qualify each other for the rental. Just remember that if a listing seems to be too good to be true, it may well be!

For Kijiji you will see ads appearing later in the summer, it is too early right now. Remember that the rates are usually in US dollars even though they are advertising in Canada. Some of the owners rent their units for cash, without collecting FL state taxes, and to avoid paying taxes on the income. If you avoid booking fees, taxes, and even cleaning fees by doing it yourself, you can save some money on these deals but there is some risk as well with this type of arrangement. The lady we booked from asked us to represent ourselves as non-paying friends if anyone asked, but no ever did.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
6802 posts
3091 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Dealmaker1945 wrote: The lady we booked from asked us to represent ourselves as non-paying friends if anyone asked, but no ever did.
Might also be a no-rental condo.
I smile when I see container ships sailing past my house laden with stuff made in China