• Jun 1st, 2021 6:56 am
[OP]
Dec 28, 2008
42 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Rent increase 2022

Hi Everyone,

I understand as landlord we cannot raise the rent in 2021, however I would like to raise the rent January 2022, and would like to give my tenant notice.

I do not see anywhere what the maximum increase rate is for 2022. Can anyone advice?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
3747 posts
3253 upvotes
I presume there won't be a rent increase and if there is why bother.

I would rather stick it to the government and pay less tax than stick it to a tenant with likely and ridiculous 1% increase. This is extremely insulting considering that just about everything went up double digits due to incredible money printing. I won't play their stupid game and win stupid prices. When it comes the time to kick the tenant out that will be done.
Dec 23, 2012
418 posts
434 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
BiegeToyota wrote: I presume there won't be a rent increase and if there is why bother.

I would rather stick it to the government and pay less tax than stick it to a tenant with likely and ridiculous 1% increase. This is extremely insulting considering that just about everything went up double digits due to incredible money printing. I won't play their stupid game and win stupid prices. When it comes the time to kick the tenant out that will be done.
aren't you in thailand
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1000 posts
402 upvotes
Belleville, ON
It is based of the Ontario Consumer Price Index and will be published soon. Likely will be 2-3% if we believe those are the inflation numbers, honestly feels more like 20-30% these days.