Rental market strategy?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4506 posts
2166 upvotes
Calgary
love0715 wrote: We got keys ..Just cannot post on MLS because the interim occupancy was in May but not final occupancy yet .

In term of marketing, kinda hard to post on kijij they got limit for free posting.

I mainly use fb mkt place .I got some basic inquires but I redirect them to the ad below because I prefer agent to deal with viewing and questions.

My unit in 16th fl. On King blue north tower
Here is the ad:
https://rentals.ca/toronto/125-blue-jay ... bQ2Il.link
OP get a new agent or do it yourself...that's an awful awful listing.

That's about a poor of a job selling as I have ever seen.

This is your first image for god's sake 1850$ rent a washer and dryer crammed in the corner shot vertically with the poorest view possible. Rent now! Never lived in!

Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4506 posts
2166 upvotes
Calgary
Your competition

https://rentals.ca/toronto/125-blue-jays-way-id356444

This will rent faster despite being more expensive, due to bedroom + den and better pictures and description.

https://rentals.ca/toronto/125-blue-jays-way-id343686

Your other competition, been there longer than you due to poor first image and much steeper price. If you see equivalent units rented out your listing is the problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4506 posts
2166 upvotes
Calgary
Oh and this line
I mainly use fb mkt place .I got some basic inquires but I redirect them to the ad below because I prefer agent to deal with viewing and questions.
What's wrong with you? Do you want to rent it or do you want to inconvenience renters for no reason? Why use FB marketplace at all?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
4324 posts
3848 upvotes
This is why I hate being a landlord in Canada - especially Toronto.

Personally, my 1 bed condo can go to 1 million in a year, but right now I am considering selling it. Property taxes and condo fees in this country can put you in a hole. My wife who owns a condo and rents it to Chinese students in Bangkok pays no property tax and condo fees are 40 bucks a month for a building with premium facilities. So even if there are no renters, she can wait like forever.

I was thinking at least in places like Calgary where rent is lower and you have more control over your unit and can rent it on AirBnB without any issues there is a better chance of steady and safer income than Toronto.
Jan 21, 2017
970 posts
308 upvotes
What is driving the low rent and so much supply in that area? new condo completion and airbnb units converting to long term rental?

also to OP, your photos are pretty bad. PM me if you want some cheap photography done to boost up your chances at landing a tenant. I suspect you are bleeding $1500-2000 a month right now?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
19377 posts
17845 upvotes
Tarrana & The Ri…
DPR2017 wrote: What is driving the low rent and so much supply in that area? new condo completion and airbnb units converting to long term rental?

also to OP, your photos are pretty bad. PM me if you want some cheap photography done to boost up your chances at landing a tenant. I suspect you are bleeding $1500-2000 a month right now?
Doubt it. He's in occupancy so occupancy fees are pretty low.
Aug 21, 2017
195 posts
132 upvotes
There is currently 10000+ properties listed for rental in DT...
moofur wrote: A new unit right in the heart of King W and you can't even get $1800? Wow. I didn't know the market was this bad...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)